USPS, you just have to laugh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
A serious question though.
It seems I'm only getting junk mail (postcard and letter type advertisements) about every three days. I don't get mail practically every day like I used to.
Anybody else seeing this? :anyone:

Many major advertising mail preparers send a lot less bulk shipments during December. Letter sized mail isn’t really a problem, they have plenty of machine horsepower to sort it. The package volume is what’s killing them. Transportation space, machine capacity, employee call ins due to COVID, and record volumes of online sales this year. I’m in the same boat, had a package mailed Dec 8th that’s a Christmas present. Guess I might be wrapping up a pic of it along with an IOU. OKC has a nice large plant and Tulsa isn’t bad. I’m being told both plants are clearing daily but not sure I’m buying that.
I got 2 FedEx packages on time last week and have 1 loaded on a UPS truck today for delivery that will be on time if delivered.
Never imagined I’d see USPS this far behind. When I was plant manager in OKC if I had 2 day old mail I was throwing a temper tantrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many major advertising mail preparers send a lot less bulk shipments during December. Letter sized mail isn’t really a problem, they have plenty of machine horsepower to sort it. The package volume is what’s killing them. Transportation space, machine capacity, employee call ins due to COVID, and record volumes of online sales this year. I’m in the same boat, had a package mailed Dec 8th that’s a Christmas present. Guess I might be wrapping up a pic of it along with an IOU. OKC has a nice large plant and Tulsa isn’t bad. I’m being told both plants are clearing daily but not sure I’m buying that.
I got 2 FedEx packages on time last week and have 1 loaded on a UPS truck today for delivery that will be on time if delivered.
Never imagined I’d see USPS this far behind. When I was plant manager in OKC if I had 2 day old mail I was throwing a temper tantrum.

Thanks for your reply.
I was getting so much junk mail at one point when petroleum prices were high, I was threatening to start designing a furnace that would burn junk mail to supplement heating your home.
Just drop it down the hopper as you walked in from the mailbox. I was gonna solve the country's dependence on foreign energy all by myself (with an eye on making a tidy profit, LOL).

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
I was getting so much junk mail at one point when petroleum prices were high, I was threatening to start designing a furnace that would burn junk mail to supplement heating your home.
Just drop it down the hopper as you walked in from the mailbox. I was gonna solve the country's dependence on foreign energy all by myself (with an eye on making a tidy profit, LOL).

Yep, I open the garage and go out to check the mail but seldom does a piece make it past the trash can on the way back in. I’d like to have my packages on time though.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oddly, I'm getting stuff faster than I expect more than late. Orders from my insulin pump supplier are shipped 3 day UPS, I had one order that didn't ship until Monday and is out for delivery today... another that I ordered yesterday and estimated delivery is tomorrow. I ordered a part for the car that they said would ship in 3-5 days and it shipped the next day, and estimated delivery by USPS is Monday, it was originally estimated between Tuesday and Friday. I can't remember anything recently that has been later than I expected, and some stuff is sooner than expected. I guess I'm the lucky one benefiting from all your delays... LOL

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
USPS did me and a fellow osa er right. Shipped a pkg Monday that has estimated Thursday arrival, and it got there yesterday afternoon.

Cool. Haven’t got a jacket without a label lately have you?

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Tracking one another forum member sent First Class on 12-4. Last scan was 12-9. Absolutely ridiculous. Cleared Tulsa plant on 12-5.

Latest posts

Top Bottom