USPS, you just have to laugh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Overall I'm impressed at shipping inside the US these days. Of course, right now, in the holiday season, it's rough.

Having lived outside the US for several years in different countries, I don't take it for granted. I know what slow shipping is. Seriously.

Looks like the majority of my USPS items have been updated for delivery tonight or Monday. We shall see.

I have two packages from FedEx supposed to be delivered to my office. One says they tried and couldn't so they will try next business day. I assume this means Monday, we close on Fridays at 12. The other says delivered, then when you go back and look at the details, one page says delivered, one says delayed and will retry. Can't make heads or tails of it. But I have to work this morning, so I'll see if it made it yesterday before closing time...
it's the new normal. you will learn to love it.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, pathetically poor service times going on. I’ve never seen it anywhere close to this bad. Never thought I’d say this but FedEx is killing it lately. PS5 delivered on time last Sunday in the snow. Pair of shoes delivered on time today. I’d be real curious to see their on hand volumes versus USPS. The 2 mail pieces I’m tracking for another member don’t have any scans since 12-11. May have to change my user name, embarrassingly ridiculous and I’ve been gone almost 10 years. I’d be pissed too if I had something that late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I put in a complaint Monday,they responded Tuesday and miraculously it showed up Wednesday. LOL. It took 8 days to get across town. Once I put the complaint in I am thinking even the USPS folks were like "yea , this is redonkulous. lets get this delivered ":cool:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently FedEx is just as bad. They say they attempted delivery today (signature required). Door bell shows a contract delivery guy coming to the door with ONE box and leaving ONE box on the porch and never ringing the doorbell. I guess he was too lazy to carry TWO and actually try to get the signature and now I gotta fight with them to get this sorted out. It was scheduled to deliver on Wednesday but I knew I wouldnt be here so I did their hold form on Tuesday when the package was still in Memphis. On Wednesday they legitimately attempted delivery (ignoring the hold at location). Thursday they also ignored the hold but didnt actually try to deliver. Now it says they'll try to deliver on Monday and if nobody is home it gets returned to sender. I will not be at the house on Monday and their hold request doesnt seem to do anything so idunno whats about to happen.

Meanwhile on the USPS front, I'm waiting on an incoming package to arrive that was last scanned on the 7th, and an outgoing package to arrive at the customer that was last scanned on the 5th.
I filled out the form with USPS this week and havent received any help from them either...but they sure sent me a satisfaction survey a few days later. Zero contact from them regarding the issue. Awesome.

Getting mail used to be fun.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
priority mail hasn't existed for several months. They still charge for it.
Tracking one another forum member sent First Class on 12-4. Last scan was 12-9. Absolutely ridiculous. Cleared Tulsa plant on 12-5.

I put in a complaint Monday,they responded Tuesday and miraculously it showed up Wednesday. LOL. It took 8 days to get across town. Once I put the complaint in I am thinking even the USPS folks were like "yea , this is redonkulous. lets get this delivered ":cool:
It's all Covid 19 related. That one blanket statement is all the information you need to know.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

Coincidental I can assure you.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
tapatalk_-1132928509.jpg

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-01-06-06-18-07.png

Another ****** performance from the post office. Called them yesterday . they have no Idea where it is. They lady said it maybe at one our facilities.......ya or in one of your employees closet

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That pretty well describes it. One I was tracking for a member here took 27 days from Bixby to NY. 21 of those it sat in Tulsa plant. I texted the district manager and she didn’t even bother to respond. Never thought I’d see the day. Heads need to roll.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
16 packages mailed at the same time on the 28th at around 11:20am
15 of which the last scan was on the 28th at 6:00pm as "Departed Broken Arrow Post Office"
ONE of them made it through and got delivered to California on the 2nd.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
16 packages mailed at the same time on the 28th at around 11:20am
15 of which the last scan was on the 28th at 6:00pm as "Departed Broken Arrow Post Office"
ONE of them made it through and got delivered to California on the 2nd.

Tulsa plant is in meltdown mode. Pathetic. I ran that plant for about 6 months. It’s a small plant all contained in 1 building with nice equipment. I know staffing due to COVID is an issue but it’s beyond ridiculous for such poor service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom