USPSA Range Officer shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Daaaaaang.

"Consensus reports indicate that the gun was a double action CZ-type, some models of which are not considered drop safe."

Dropped during a reload or some stage of the match, causing a drop fire and killing the range officer. :(

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update 11/11/2020: We now know that the firearm in question was a DA/SA CZ Shadow, which does not have an internal firing pin block. According to eyewitnesses, the gun missed the holster during Load and Make Ready, fell and struck the concrete indoor range floor hammer first, causing the round to discharge.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay. I hate to be “That guy”. But does that open CZ up to lawsuits? Again..... I’m not proposing someone sue. I don’t believe in suing gun companies. BUT...... we do live in that world now. Is there any basis for a law suit on the part of the family. Accidents DO happen. But???

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay. I hate to be “That guy”. But does that open CZ up to lawsuits? Again..... I’m not proposing someone sue. I don’t believe in suing gun companies. BUT...... we do live in that world now. Is there any basis for a law suit on the part of the family. Accidents DO happen. But???
Maybe, but it's possible that the firing pin block was removed after the sale. CZ sells some models without a firing pin block, but it's also easy to remove it if the pistol came with one.

FWIW, CZ says they have drop tested them and haven't found that to be a problem... apparently in one case though, maybe it was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom