Uspsa @ Ussa 7/24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way Marshall and Lance taught target transitions at AP1 really helped me drop my splits. They also taught a couple of really cool drills. I'd be more than happy to show you what little I can.

I've concluded that its about really nailing the fundamentals before speeding up. Stage 1 felt like eternity compared to how fast I think I can run it, but when it comes time to score one miss is essentially 3 potential alphas lost (the -10 penalty and the potential hit). There was one stage at SCRAP last week where I miked one 7 yard target like 4 times! :bolt:

I appreciate all the help I can get.
I've been talking to some guys on enos, getting some instruction on mag reloads. I've been working on it this evening. I'm getting it now. I just have to remember to keep the gun high and stare at the magwell while bringing the mag up to it. Watching my videos it was pretty evident that I was focusing on the targets and not the reload until i screwed it up. i was holding the pistol too low and not ever watching the placement of the mag.
I'm changing that now.
Also, I'm doing away with the cane for matches (sorry, no more cane toss). I'm going with one of my forearm crutches, that way I can keep the cuff attached to my arm while shooting, reloading and have no problem regaining control for transition. Practiced some on it too. it's going to be way better.
I've also got to try to slow down my 2nd (and subsequent) shots. they are erratic, to say the least. Today at lunch, if I slowed down and actually squeezed the trigger with my sight picture the way I wanted, I was able to put four rounds through the same hole in 6 seconds. I was actually pretty amazed, but it happened (I kept the target :D ).

Latest posts

Top Bottom