USSA Advanced Conceal Carry Course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to give some input on this 1 day course i took today at USSA. In a nutshell it builds on the Concealed Carry course required to get your permit. Virgil Litteril teaches this class and he is awesome. Also had 3 adjunct instructors there as well to help out which was great for the 15 people we had in our class. We had alot of one on one focus which i really like. Anyways they go over preferred carry holster options such as iwb, owb, purse/ bag carry that sort of stuff. Also do a little segment to reiterate the legality of who you can protect and also how to handle some stranger coming up on you. For me it was a great insight into how i may react and how to better plan ahead if i can foresee the situation unfolding in the real world.

Also spent the afternoon on the range and we went over various unorthodox positions. first we shot at 5yds got warmed up and practiced the proper draw from concealment and how to clear your shirt to get to the gun. and also how to properly re-holster the gun without muzzling yourself. After that we did some extreme close quarters positions. such as a high ready shooting from the middle of the torso with both hands and also shooting one handed with your forehead on the target simulating a struggle/ grapple with the assailant. This particularly was nuts because of the mussel flash and concussion from pressing off rounds so close to your body. It was awesome!!!!! Also did some positions laying down on the ground like you got knocked down and had to shoot. one handed shooting close range, and touched on how to move to and use/ shoot from cover.

All in all a very very great course needed for anyone that decides to carry concealed. It just takes a whole different aspect of getting to your weapon and when you're able to present the weapon in different situations. Great course, great instructors and for the money and 1 day it was well spent in my book. i look forward to taking more classes there and practicing the different techniques i learned today to better myself if god forbid i need to present my weapon in public to defend my kids, wife, or myself.:yelclap:

kriket1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have contact info and location I have just sent my application in last week and I am very interested in the class if you can post info it would be appreciated thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom