USSA Close Quarter Tactics 240 and Tactical handgun 210

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well i went ahead and upgraded my membership there to get some training time on a professional membership.:woohoo1:

Already took my concealed carry course there along with the advanced carry class as well. Really enjoyed both cant wait to get into the more serious stuff here in the next month or so.

Anyways looking forward to these classes im doing the tactical handgun 210 in 1 day of personal training with Charles Cowden next week. Then the end of the month i'm taking the CQT 240 class which is a 2 day. Really excited about it to see exactly how im gonna react and may end up handling myself in a desperate situation.

Later on im also gonna take the other tactical handgun courses this year and hoping to get my AR15 built in time to take a couple carbine classes sometime next year. But anyways i will post my thoughts of each class after attending them.

Anyone else taking the CQT course on the 28th-29th out there? or has anyone taken these already that may share their impressions/ experiences.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fist you are doing all the right steps!!!!!!!! congats..

IMHO, once you have "good" square range skills CQT is the best training $$ you can spend!! Mike, Brandon, and Dave do a Fantastic job!!! They give the student blocks of training and each one builds on the last one, then they give you "real world" scenarios that you CAN win!!!

Or another way to say it is Ill Finally get to go back!!!! I'll see you next month!!!

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well from what steve had told me. the class isnt ran too often i guess becuase of getting the instructors and role players all together at one time. probably the same for the 213 course as well.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be nice if they offered 240 more than once in a blue moon.

I noticed that Chad is no longer on the web site's "instructors" page. What happened to him?

We only offer it a few times a year because Brandon and I both have full time jobs (Brandon actually has two), both have kids, and I coach kids' jiujitsu, which has become a year round sport for some of our kids so it takes a lot of our weekends.

It's just a big time/labor consumer with such a high number of instructors and role players needed and since we also teach the Edged Weapons classes, we decided we only wanted to do it a few times per year.

If you have a group that would like a particular date we will always try to accomodate you.

Michael Brown

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We only offer it a few times a year because Brandon and I both have full time jobs (Brandon actually has two), both have kids, and I coach kids' jiujitsu, which has become a year round sport for some of our kids so it takes a lot of our weekends.

I completely understand. I was simply stating that it would be nice if there were more opportunities, as instructors are not the only ones with scheduling challenges.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well had my personal training day with charles today. IT WAS AWESOME :woohoo1:.

really a great time. practiced getting a good conistent draw from the holster along with doing all sorts of malfunction drills using dummy rounds mixed in with my live rounds in all the mags. tactical reloads, speed reloads, emergency reloads, moving to and from different types/ levels of cover/ concealment. also did a little long range pistol shooting out to 70ish yards. Spent a good amount of time shooting one handed using both right and left hands.

probably the best thing i took from the class were all the base hard skills that i got to practice good technique with instruction so now i can do them properly and really get good and fast at them.

we also shot with a shot timer with 3 chest sized steel plates about 3-5yards apart at 15 yds. going from a hands high fenced position then on the buzzer drawing the gun and placing 1 round on each target center mass. i started at 6 seconds ish and boy was like man this is ridiculous. but after a few minutes of instruction i was down to 1.51 from draw to fist hit with just under a .5 second between shots so i think my last run was just under 2.62 or something but it really got me thinking about the fundamentals and breaking each step down into a single movement then bringing it all together. While keeping in mind i wasnt trying to make a competition out of it but improving my speed and accuracy will benefit me no matter what.

anyways it was a great course. BIG thanks to Charles Cowden and the other guys at the USSA for providing such a great facility to train at. Cant wait for the 240 class next week its gonna be a blast.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ran out to the range today to practice some of the stuff i learned in the 210 course after lots of dry fire practice here at the house. Finally got my one handed stuff more up to par and figured out alot of what i was doing wrong. but hey thats what its all about. Either way cant wait for the CQT class this weekend its gonna be awesome!!!! :woohoo1:

Latest posts

Top Bottom