USSA Personal Training Courses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin (The "I don't want to live in Lawton" town)
I've been really wanting to go to the United States Shooting Academy (USSA) and attend the------> Competition Handgun Course. (3 days/$600) I've talked to many who have attended the course and they say it is well worth the money if you want to really compete and not just send lead down range.

I think with a smaller class size and a little pre-course preperation based on USSA's reccomendation, a lot of the 3-day course could be condensed into one day.

While I was searching around on the site, I ran across this ----->Personal Training Courses.

I was thinking about trying to round up three more people to go in on this and get a day of competition pistol training.

That would cost $750 for four people, which is $187.50 a person.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Also, if any of you guys from USSA have any input/ideas about this, let me know.

BG

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
cant beat the camaraderie of a good firearms class. The students become the teachers, you meet good people; they push you, you push them; everyone becomes a pat of a family, so to speak.
As a student, Ive had lots of class and personal instruction, and they are both good, but bang for the buck, classes are where its at.

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I emailed one of the salesmen.

Is there any reason, other than the website is incorrect, that a day of training would be more than $750 for four people? I got that number right off the USSA website.

The website is correct, but if the grandmaster, who shall remain nameless, does the pt (which he usually does the competition PT) the price will be a bit higher. We do have other instructors with a lot of competition experiance, there price is the price you see on the website.

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The website is correct, but if the grandmaster, who shall remain nameless, does the pt (which he usually does the competition PT) the price will be a bit higher. We do have other instructors with a lot of competition experiance, there price is the price you see on the website.

I'm guessing you are referring to M.S. or maybe P.S. as the more expensive instructors.

I figured their time would be a little more, but I didn't think either of them had time for a full day of PT......maybe I'm wrong.

I did ask for a price on their time, and I'm still waiting on the answer. I'd like to have one of those guys; do you think it would be worth the money to get some PT that was NOT from one of them?

What I'd really like, is to get into the Class at the end of the month, but its closed and I'm going to be in the field during the one in June.

I just think that my only option right now is PT. Got any other ideas?

BG

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, nevermind. I talked to Charles Hulvey (USSA Sales Manager) this morning and there were a couple slots open in the course at the end of the month.

After some sweet talk to my wife, and some promising to hold off on a Benelli M1/2 purchase, she agreed to let me go.

Now I've got to get some bullets to my house by next week and get the 550 cranking!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom