USSA Training Group

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuasmaximus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI to training group members. I just called to see when the classes kick off and I was told things were pushed back to the 17th. The online schedule doesn't mention this and there is no notice on the site so I would recommend calling before showing up!

joshuasmaximus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the website, the start date is now Oct 1. I hope this doesn't mean they might cancel the whole thing. I already paid for Sept so I guess I need to get a refund...

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spoke to them today and Oct 1 is, in fact, the new start date for Training Group. I was told that the TG membership would be credited/extended by the appropriate amount of time.

I also asked the question "Is that a firm start date?" and her answer was an emphatic "Yes!" Well, here's hoping....

If I may make a suggestion to the the USSA training staff: Please give us more detail on the individual blocks of instruction regarding the courses. A 16hr course that's broken down into say 11 blocks of instruction could have its blocks labelled with the block number on the webpage. When I look at the schedule for, say, Handgun 210 and see that it's offered on Wednesday from 5-630 I'd like to be able to click that time slot and see that we'll be doing block #1 or whatever and a list of what will be needed for that block. I know it takes time to set that up but it's got to be better than taking a dozen phone calls or more a day about "hey what do I bring to class tonight?" Just saying. And besides you guys have until the first right? :D

I am very much looking forward to the training at USSA and hope that Training Group's hiccups get squared away(along with the other things ongoing at present). TG is an incredible bargain (as is the membership) and I feel lucky having a facility and faculty close enough so that I can participate in some world-class training.

joshuasmaximus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I may make a suggestion to the the USSA training staff: Please give us more detail on the individual blocks of instruction regarding the courses. A 16hr course that's broken down into say 11 blocks of instruction could have its blocks labelled with the block number on the webpage. When I look at the schedule for, say, Handgun 210 and see that it's offered on Wednesday from 5-630 I'd like to be able to click that time slot and see that we'll be doing block #1 or whatever and a list of what will be needed for that block. I know it takes time to set that up but it's got to be better than taking a dozen phone calls or more a day about "hey what do I bring to class tonight?" Just saying. And besides you guys have until the first right? :D

I just saw this on the training group page: http://www.usshootingacademy.com/content.aspx?id=214
Very good info!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom