USSA womens only class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to enroll my wife in the USSA womens only class, but have some questions I hope someone who has done the class or who's wife has taken the class can answer. Just FYI my wife does like to shoot I just want to get her a bit more training.

1. would you recommend the class?

2. Course description says everything is included (guns etc..) what did they shoot?

3. Did they come out of the class more confident?

4. Most important did they have fun?

Anything else you want to throw in feel free to let me know.

sdalover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year my wife took the class. First off, she never shot a gun in her life and is deathly scared of guns but at the same time she's a realist and likes that fact that i am armed and trained. I always hated the fact that we have guns placed in strategic locations around the house that could save her life or even mine but she didn't know how to shoot them. (water water everywhere but not a sip to drink) I talked her into this class for two main reasons.

First i wanted her to be able to grab any one of those guns and know what to do with it to save her life or maybe even possible mine if necessary.
Secondly, I wanted her to be in an environment minus the testosterone. I also wanted her to have a professional introduction to firearms. She also is a competitive person and if she saw other ladies making it happen then she would push her self to do the same. (As a side note. Unless you are a professional teacher, It's worth paying a professional to teach your wife golf or guns if you really want her to have a chance of liking something you are into.)

About the class. The class was lead by a female TPD officer and assisted by a male TPD officer. She told me that they shot a couple different types of guns and calibers. I happen to know the male TPD officer and he told me later of how well she progressed through the day.

In the end, she was familiar with gun operation, recoil, aiming, and enough knowledge to help herself to one of the available house guns to save her life. I was hoping she might catch the bug but I'm sad to say she didn't. This does not reflect the class it reflects her personality. However, the main goal of having her just be able to use a gun was accomplished. Whether she ever chooses to use a gun to save her life is now a viable choice rather than her wanting to use a gun to save her life and not having the knowledge to do so.

I would 100% recommend this class. hope this helps.

SoundMind

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife took the class yesterday, and LOVED it... she came out so much more confident concerning firearm handling... she loved all the instructors and praised their patience with her and the other ladies in the class... she brought her practice target home... and it showed how much she improved from the beginning of the class to the end... She said she was really discouraged at first... (she hadn't fired a gun since she was a little girl)... but the instructors worked with her technique... from stance to grip to proper triggering to sighting... and her last grouping was super tight! She says it was the best $195 she's ever spent... this coming from a woman that loves shoes! USSA provides the gun, the ammo, a t-shirt, a sweet cap (that may get stolen from her)... lunch, and other goodies... She was grinning from ear to ear when she came out and couldn't wait to tell me all about it! I was thrilled with how thrilled she was! Good job USSA!

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife took the class yesterday, and LOVED it... she came out so much more confident concerning firearm handling... she loved all the instructors and praised their patience with her and the other ladies in the class... she brought her practice target home... and it showed how much she improved from the beginning of the class to the end... She said she was really discouraged at first... (she hadn't fired a gun since she was a little girl)... but the instructors worked with her technique... from stance to grip to proper triggering to sighting... and her last grouping was super tight! She says it was the best $195 she's ever spent... this coming from a woman that loves shoes! USSA provides the gun, the ammo, a t-shirt, a sweet cap (that may get stolen from her)... lunch, and other goodies... She was grinning from ear to ear when she came out and couldn't wait to tell me all about it! I was thrilled with how thrilled she was! Good job USSA!

Thats fabulous.....Did she mention who her instructors were so that they can be praised also?

Latest posts

Top Bottom