Ussa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're into tactical/practical training, USSA is your place.

If you're into any other kind of shooting, Red Castle has the most to offer for the least amount of money.

This is a very accurate statement. I am a member of both. Both have their strengths but Red Castle is significantly cheaper (barring fuel costs).

davidk4x4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I joined, it's a half a block from work so very convenient and I usually have my own bay on weekday afternoon's. They offer lots of training plenty of things to shoot at. I looked at Red Castle but it's a long drive in the wrong direction from home.

Jeff Hughes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I joined, it's a half a block from work so very convenient and I usually have my own bay on weekday afternoon's. They offer lots of training plenty of things to shoot at.

You always have your own bay unless you are on Rogers or the short rifle bay.

If someone comes in an starts shooting in a bay you are on, call the lodge, a range master will come deal with it...

WhiskeyPapa

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a guest pass that I will be utilizing as soon as i get the free time to get out there and check it out. I have heard so many great things, I can't wait. The training will also be a biggie for me now. I am not stranger to shooting as I was raised hunting and served in the Military. But now I would like to get into competitive shooting and am also studying to make a career change to LEO from military aviation. Its time to bring my service to the community.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been a member for 2 years now, It's a great place for shooters looking for something other than static firing lines. It's even better now that the old guard has gone and my favorite training group is now welcome on the property again. I just spent the entire day in a tactical carbine course with TDSA.

Bradley Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
.Simply stated, USSA is the premier range in this section of the country.

Maybe if you shoot plates or want to or practice your anti terrorist scenarios... haha (I love the bus and airplane)

Red Castle is 100 times the facility of USSA if you are into rifle or sillouette shooting. USSA has VERY limited facilities and in fact, is incredibly repetitive in that they have craploads of the exact same facilities (action shooting) for like training an entire regiment or something. The place was never set up at a "shooting range" it was set up as a military/police training facility. I guess it would be good if you are into that sort of thing.

They don't even have concrete benches on their rifle range, they don't have target pits on their rifle range (so no long range matches), they don't have a Cowboy Action Shooting town, and it is ridiculously expensive...

If you are into action shooting I guess it's got a lot of facilities for that.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so...in summary: no sillouette shooting=bad
no cowboy action=bad

"never set up as a shooting range"....despite multiple "shooting" bays
VERY limited facilities......despite having a state of the art club house and pro shop.

yep..i can see where you're coming from

Jeff Hughes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe if you shoot plates or want to or practice your anti terrorist scenarios... haha (I love the bus and airplane)

Red Castle is 100 times the facility of USSA if you are into rifle or sillouette shooting. USSA has VERY limited facilities and in fact, is incredibly repetitive in that they have craploads of the exact same facilities (action shooting) for like training an entire regiment or something. The place was never set up at a "shooting range" it was set up as a military/police training facility. I guess it would be good if you are into that sort of thing.

They don't even have concrete benches on their rifle range, they don't have target pits on their rifle range (so no long range matches), they don't have a Cowboy Action Shooting town, and it is ridiculously expensive...

If you are into action shooting I guess it's got a lot of facilities for that.

USSA is about defensive training and action shooting competition.

You you carry a handgun you need to actually train on a regular basis. USSA provides great training for a great price. For 50 bucks a month you get unlimited private bay time and access to 48 classes a month(defensive handgun, defensive rifle, combatives) from some of the best instructors in the business. I don't see how that can be construed as "ridiculously expensive".

USSA does not try to be all things to all people. If long range rifle or SAS is your deal, you are better of making the drive out to Red Castle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom