Ussa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in Ponca, and the hate for this range is incredible.

Its one of the greatest ranges anywhere. I love it when I shoot matches there. I'm sure with the sale, and new management there are going to be hiccups. Hopefully those will go away?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The big 3 Gun Nation event is going on again at USSA on Saturday September 7th. Watch the top 3 gun shooters in the world battle it out for over $25,000 in cash and prizes. Then go let the kids hit the bouncy houses or try their hand at a USPSA, IDPA or 3 gun stage which enters you to win guns and gear.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a while since I asked, but IIRC, USSA does not allow FA fire - am I wrong in that regard, as I now see references to MG shoots out there?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a while since I asked, but IIRC, USSA does not allow FA fire - am I wrong in that regard, as I now see references to MG shoots out there?

You can rent FA to shoot there on site. If you want to shoot FA of your own, I believe you have to be a member and get certified to shoot FA on your own. At least that's the way it used to be.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can rent FA to shoot there on site. If you want to shoot FA of your own, I believe you have to be a member and get certified to shoot FA on your own. At least that's the way it used to be.

Thanks. I must have been thinking of Oil Capitol as a local range where FA isn't allowed.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think with the new ownership, the FA rental aspect has changed. I'm fairly certain that you cannot rent any longer (perhaps if any of the USSA employees can comment) as I was told by front desk staff that renting and letting you take the firearm to the bay constituted an "illegal transfer of the automatic weapon"...Having said that, I have shot FA out there many times with privately owned FA weapons.
This was probably 12 months ago or something and I haven't asked since then. The dude could've been just blowing smoke, IDK...

xtremepilot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think with the new ownership, the FA rental aspect has changed. I'm fairly certain that you cannot rent any longer (perhaps if any of the USSA employees can comment) as I was told by front desk staff that renting and letting you take the firearm to the bay constituted an "illegal transfer of the automatic weapon"...Having said that, I have shot FA out there many times with privately owned FA weapons.
This was probably 12 months ago or something and I haven't asked since then. The dude could've been just blowing smoke, IDK...

Two years ago I got checked out on the Uzi at USSA and was able to rent it and take it out to the range. Looking back, that was crazy.....anyone could've left with the gun only to be out their driver's license. I too was told recently that the only way to "rent" the FA now is on the machine gun shoot days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom