Vechicle carry question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So when I carry I normally carry appendix. To avoid having a barrel digging in my crotch while driving I typically take the entire gun and holster a put it in my console or wedge it between the seat and console. Ive been doing this ever since I starting carrying but the other day a guy I work with told me my gun could only be in the truck if it was unloaded and the ammo was locked in a separate case. Is this true? If so, what is the point of having a CCW? Any info would be great, just trying to make sure im following the law.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the guy you talked to is quoting the transport of a firearm when not licensed.

Federal Law on Transportation of Firearms

A provision of federal law serves as a defense to state or local laws which would prohibit the passage of persons with firearms in interstate travel.

Notwithstanding any state or local law, a person shall be entitled to transport a firearm from any place where he may lawfully possess and transport such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and transport such firearms if the firearm is unloaded and in the trunk. In vehicles without a trunk, the unloaded firearm shall be in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console. Necessary stops, e.g., gasoline and rest, seem permissible.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Totally wrong. You didn't specify you had a permit, but I'm ASSUMING you do, since you're carrying concealed. If so, carrying in the car loaded is perfectly fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom