Verdict Is In

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could handle a verdict, whatever it is, if I thought there was even a small chance that he got a fair trial.

I can't see how anyone could say that he did. Jury from a town that is still boarded up from last summers riots, drives into courthouse everyday through barricades, protestors and armed guards. Congresswoman makes a not so veiled threat. Daunte Wright riots happen. Announce $27 million settlement half way through jury selection. That's just what pops into my head. So, they just commute to and from the trial with instructions to not watch the news or play on social media? That insulates them? The idea that those people didn't know they and their family would have to move out of state if they came back with a not guilty verdict is silly. They 100% knew their city would be burned to the ground and they and their families would be in mortal danger.

And I doubt their moving would solve it. BLM is national. They smeared pig blood all over the house (actually turned out to be former house) of one of the defense witnesses for use of force from CA.

The verdict may have been the same in a fair trial, I don't know. But Chauvin didn't get one in my opinion. Now we'll see how much influence the mob has on the appellate level. My guess is MN will uphold it, and SCOTUS won't hear it.

https://fop.net/2021/04/statement-of-national-fop-president-on-verdict-in-chauvin-trial/
It appears The Pres of the National Fraternal Order of Police doesn't share your opinion. I find it very interesting the Blue Wall of Silence pretty much ran from this case too. Many police officers were witnesses for the prosecution. It's just not logical to think they were all leftest plants and part of BLM or <insert any other here>.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://fop.net/2021/04/statement-of-national-fop-president-on-verdict-in-chauvin-trial/
It appears The Pres of the National Fraternal Order of Police doesn't share your opinion. I find it very interesting the Blue Wall of Silence pretty much ran from this case too. Many police officers were witnesses for the prosecution. It's just not logical to think they were all leftest plants and part of BLM or <insert any other here>.

I set out why I think the way I do. So, if you believe my examples had no affect on the jury, that's fine. I just don't see how.

As for the FOP, I think this part of the quote is the answer for them: "We hope and expect that all of our fellow citizens will respect the rule of law and remain peaceful tonight and in the days to come."

Again, It wouldn't surprise me if he was convicted in a fair trial. But at lesser charge than murder.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I set out why I think the way I do. So, if you believe my examples had no affect on the jury, that's fine. I just don't see how.

As for the FOP, I think this part of the quote is the answer for them: "We hope and expect that all of our fellow citizens will respect the rule of law and remain peaceful tonight and in the days to come."

Again, It wouldn't surprise me if he was convicted in a fair trial. But at lesser charge than murder.

Yep, but why post "The trial was fair and due process was served."

No way to know if the examples had affect on the jury, unless we know exactly what the jurors saw, and when, and their thought process.

I don't think there are fair trials, he who has the most $ tends to win. Just versions of less unfair trials. It involves people after all, and even the best people are fallible.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, but why post "The trial was fair and due process was served."

They would prefer that BLM not set up shop outside their office? And I don't think "We hope and expect that all of our fellow citizens will respect the rule of law and remain peaceful tonight and in the days to come." is very strong if they don't claim the trial fair. They want this behind them as fast as possible.

No way to know if the examples had affect on the jury, unless we know exactly what the jurors saw, and when, and their thought process.

Agree to disagree here then, because I can't imagine a scenario where the jury wasn't tainted by the events listed, and the others that weren't.

I don't think there are fair trials, he who has the most $ tends to win. Just versions of less unfair trials. It involves people after all, and even the best people are fallible.

Mostly agree here. Quality of attorney (or attorneys) is a huge factor, and quality of attorney equals $$ available.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the continuous party narrative from the woke critical race theory, social justice, diversity, equity and inclusion forces.
It is our new religion, it's taking over every field from education to medicine to private industry.

It has taken over my company. If I wasn't retiring in December I wouldn't be able to stick it out.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have direct knowledge that some companies are revisiting terminology that has been in use for much longer than I have been in the corporate world.

White list/black list is now approved/disapproved list
master/slave code is now primary or independent/dependent or secondary

It blows my mind.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have direct knowledge that some companies are revisiting terminology that has been in use for much longer than I have been in the corporate world.

White list/black list is now approved/disapproved list
master/slave code is now primary or independent/dependent or secondary

It blows my mind.
All I know is I now sleep in the "primary" bedroom.

Last edited:

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks goodness they are cleaning this up. No one should be subjected to that kind of hate speech at work.

I dont know when they stopped teaching "sticks and stones" but they need to bring it back! I am currently reading a book that focuses on this precise issue. I definitely recommend it to anyone that enjoys reading non-fiction stuff like this.

The Coddling of the American Mind

Latest posts

Top Bottom