Vibram Fivefinger barefoot shoes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In relation to the question, I tried them for a while when I was on my pose tech running kick but found that they beat up my feet too much and went back to conventional running shoes.

Eric Cressey wrote an article about the barefoot training fad that is going on right now and makes a good case for why it needs to be taken in moderation.

I only use the Vibrams to lift in now.

Michael Brown

TripleD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In relation to the question, I tried them for a while when I was on my pose tech running kick but found that they beat up my feet too much and went back to conventional running shoes.

Eric Cressey wrote an article about the barefoot training fad that is going on right now and makes a good case for why it needs to be taken in moderation.

I only use the Vibrams to lift in now.

Michael Brown

Would you happen to have a link to that article?

TripleD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That may not be the article. I didn't see anything about taking barefoot running in moderation. What I saw was there is less peak impact with barefoot running. Less cushioned shoes (Nike Frees) are better. When a runner fatigues, the ball of foot strike moves back to heel to toe, this would be the time to stop running, in my opinion. With time, the foot strength would build and running duration would increase.

In my experience, running with a heel-toe strike always caused me shin splints and/or plantar faciitis (sp?). Since I switched to mid foot strike, initially in Nike Frees, now New Balance mt101, I NEVER have plantar faciitis, which was extreme in the mornings, and NEVER have shin splints. I used to think that my running problems were because I had gained weight since high school. But I still weigh more now than when I used to get all the problems. I'm a definite barefoot style running convert.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ai146.photobucket.com_albums_r268_jaymzb74_2011_03_13155751.jpg

ai146.photobucket.com_albums_r268_jaymzb74_2011_03_13155245.jpg

Ok. These things are just plain creepy looking! :yikes2:

But yet...I can't look away and suddenly find myself wanting a pair! :lookaroun

Latest posts

Top Bottom