Vintage S&W revolver thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giezer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
S&W 29-2.jpg

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now for the back story on my 19-3 snub.

View attachment 147311 View attachment 147312 View attachment 147313 View attachment 147314 View attachment 147315

The father in law of my wife's best friend, Dick Morris, was a former Pottawattomi county sheriff's deputy. Being a lawman too, he and I swapped more war stories than anybody could imagine. He carried this little feller everyday for years and years as his sidearm until he retired back in 1997. If it could talk, I'm sure it would probably tell the same stories, but with more truth. Anyway, before Dickie passed back in 2015, he presented it to me and I was so proud to receive it. Along with dad's revolver, these are two of my most prized possessions.
I like them both! As they say, "priceless"

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope I’m not hi jacking. I’ve looked and looked on google but can’t find any info on a model 104 (on the yoke) with a serial # BE 78xxx What is the BE designation?? and any idea of a date of birth?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hope I’m not hi jacking. I’ve looked and looked on google but can’t find any info on a model 104 (on the yoke) with a serial # BE 78xxx What is the BE designation?? and any idea of a date of birth?
Rick, text me some pics if you can. It’s either a 10-4 or a pre model 10 and you’re looking at a serial or build numbers.
Or send the the number on the bottom of the grip frame. That is the true serial number

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom