Vortex sparc vs strikefire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok lets revive this one! Put together a pistol the other day and am looking at optics. I have and like the strikefire 2 on my carbine and tried putting it on the pistol build, it just feels HUGE on it. I am thinking the sparc, however I had a trs-25 a few years ago and hated it. the 20mm tube was small for my liking, and the Bushnell dot ghosted in the upper left corner being left handed it was difficult to chase the dot around. How is the sparc? anyone have both is there much of a weight difference between the two? I am thinking of getting another strikefire as its what I'm use to and like. Who can sell me on the sparc?

20180808_193955.jpg

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Specs posted anywhere here?

Not really. Its a PSA Lower with premium LPK and polished trigger, it has the SBA3 adjustable brace and Magpul MOE SL handguard. The upper was a complete (black)magpul PSA with BCG and CH I got on clearance for 199 delivered. BUS is a Ruger brand off of an ar556. I have a NiB BCG im putting in it and a BCM medium CH. I have a Knock off magpul sling and a MFT back up torch (tiny and light weight, but plenty of light for hallways) on its way from amazon. I will also be ordering an MaTech BUIS (surplus for under 40$ can't be beat) for it. I have always been happy with Vortex optics, just not sure which way to go on this one, I would like a lighter compact option, but if the Sparc isn't saving me that much weight then I will just go with another Strikefire2.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Sparc 2 on one of my rifles, and it's been great. Holds zero without problem and came with a riser for lower 1/3 co-witness or absolute co-witness. It's quite a bit smaller than the Strikefire from your pic.

On a side note, I just got a Sig Romeo5 and it is awesome! It's on my CZ Scorpion pistol and is a really good match size-wise. Plus, it has motion sensing power on and supposedly a stupid long battery life. I've got the older one with the CR2032 battery that doesn't require removal of the optic to change. Newer ones have a AA battery that lives in the mount, and I think you have to remove the entire thing to change them.

The only drawback for you is it's only a 20mm tube, which I think is the same size as the TRS 25 you didn't like.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok lets revive this one! Put together a pistol the other day and am looking at optics. I have and like the strikefire 2 on my carbine and tried putting it on the pistol build, it just feels HUGE on it. I am thinking the sparc, however I had a trs-25 a few years ago and hated it. the 20mm tube was small for my liking, and the Bushnell dot ghosted in the upper left corner being left handed it was difficult to chase the dot around. How is the sparc? anyone have both is there much of a weight difference between the two? I am thinking of getting another strikefire as its what I'm use to and like. Who can sell me on the sparc?

View attachment 122674

Have you looked into or considered the Spitfire 1x prism, I like mine.. Dual ring circle dot, like it better than the Burris ar332 reticle..

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you looked into or considered the Spitfire 1x prism, I like mine.. Dual ring circle dot, like it better than the Burris ar332 reticle..

Yeah I've looked, and I like that they are etched retinal. The price point is higher than I like. It's a step up from the strikefire, but only a step away from an Aimpoint PRO. I think I bypassed the spitfire due to if I went to that level Im just going all the way to the PRO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom