Votex Spitfire 1x Prism Scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
How do you like it?

I almost ordered a Sig Romeo 5 awhile back but something about the mixed reviews just didn't set well with me so I have been looking at other options.

I like that the Spitfire is a prism scope because I do have astigmatism and I have noticed the dot on my cheapo scope is getting less defined for my eyes lately.

I also like that it has both red and green dots and the DRT (Dual Ring Tactical Reticle).

50d463097999b94899ec1202e7ecc954.jpg

I do wish that it had the shake to wake feature though.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shake awake. I wish all red dots had this. I will say that several of the Vortex sights I have turn on very quickly with extremely minimal delay. I have tested this in training and it is very fast. Yes, another step, but extremely fast. I’m speaking on the Strikefire II, Viper PST and Sparc AR.

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 1x spitfire, offered it up for sale bout a year ago, didn't sell so I put it Ruger pc 9.. I'm to the point where I like / need magnification.. If it was the 3 x it had never been put up here.. I like it, just wish it was 3x..

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two, love them for the adjustable reticle. But they go through batteries in a hurry - good thing the reticle is etched, so you can still use it unlit in daylight.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I use mine more unlit then lit. I had no idea battery life was short.
Advertised battery life is 250 hours at max setting and 3000 hours at minimum setting.

That doesn't seem too bad but it certainly doesn't compare to some of the LED red dots available.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I have a 1x spitfire, offered it up for sale bout a year ago, didn't sell so I put it Ruger pc 9.. I'm to the point where I like / need magnification.. If it was the 3 x it had never been put up here.. I like it, just wish it was 3x..
PM sent.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The batteries in mine went dead while they were off. A couple or three months of inactivity, and the next time I went to the range and turned them on - nothing. They take just a single AAA battery, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom