vz24 7mm Brazilian Rebellion Rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i think the stock was cleaned up, maybe lightly sanded and tung oiled
actually don't know what i'm going to do with it. prices seem to me varied so i'm just sitting on it for now.

cz_partizan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks to be definitely a Sao Paulo rebellion mauser. The bolt handle is flat on the underside unlike other Czech contract rifles to Brazil.

These guns almost always have two serial numbers, both on the receiver. One is from the factory,the other is a number that the Brazilians put on the rifle to reserialize it into military service once the rifles arrived (unfortunately after the rebellion). All the ones i seen have the PM prefix before the serial.

Does the bolt match the receiver? They're usually mismatched due to the Brazilian habit of storing the bolts away from the rifle

Nice looking rifle by the way

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks to be definitely a Sao Paulo rebellion mauser. The bolt handle is flat on the underside unlike other Czech contract rifles to Brazil.

These guns almost always have two serial numbers, both on the receiver. One is from the factory,the other is a number that the Brazilians put on the rifle to reserialize it into police service once the rifles arrived (unfortunately after the rebellion). All the ones i seen have the PM prefix before the serial.

Does the bolt match the receiver? They're usually mismatched due to the Brazilian habit of storing the bolts away from the rifle

Nice looking rifle by the way

i can't find any serials on the bolt. it just has the F 8 on the underside.

cz_partizan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There should be a serial on the back of the bolt handle like this:

But then again, it is a 80+ year old rifle and strange things happen. It could have been either ground off by the armory it was warehoused at or possibly just had the bolt handle replaced. The Brazilians refurbed a lot of their rifles many times over, this could be one. I have a Brazilian 08/34 that is a total mix master with a mix of blued and non-blued bolt parts. Its an excellent shooter though.

Here's an interesting bit of trivia, the "PM" prefix on the serial number means "polícia militar" or military police use

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There should be a serial on the back of the bolt handle like this:

But then again, it is a 80+ year old rifle and strange things happen. It could have been either ground off by the armory it was warehoused at or possibly just had the bolt handle replaced. The Brazilians refurbed a lot of their rifles many times over, this could be one. I have a Brazilian 08/34 that is a total mix master with a mix of blued and non-blued bolt parts. Its an excellent shooter though.

Here's an interesting bit of trivia, the "PM" prefix on the serial number means "polícia militar" or military police use

cz_p,is that rifle in your collection? is it import marked? my bolt number was further down in the handle and not as clearly stamped.