Walmart .22's: Opinions please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was looking at several .22 rifles at my local Wally World...Savage 64f, Savage MKIIF, Remington 597, and Marlin 60...what do you rimfire rifle experts think of these for low cost fun guns?

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was looking at several .22 rifles at my local Wally World...Savage 64f, Savage MKIIF, Remington 597, and Marlin 60...what do you rimfire rifle experts think of these for low cost fun guns?

I've got a 597. Love it. Never had any problems with it except for feed issues from the 30 round mag. The 10 round mag performs flawlessly. Its super accurate too. In fact I was out shooting it today using it on a tip-over target I'm about to start producing.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also have a 597. Its been a great gun. I have had many model 60s over the years, they are always good plinkers. I would just go ahead and buy a 10-22. I seen the Yukon Wal-Mart was going to carry them.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, I guess it boils down to whether I want a semi-auto or a bolt action...and how the thing feels when I hold it to my shoulder. Also, I have never had one that was tube fed like the Marlin Model 60...heard different opinions on it. I think I'll just go to Wally and spin the wheel.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another vote on the marlin 60. I received one from my grandfather that had sat in a safe for 20yrs. He had a tasco scope on it. When I got it home I cleaned the bore and sprayed CLP in the action. Took it out and shot it. Great shooter for the price lol. The scope was even still zeroed in after all that time, I know the gun had been banged and moved several times before it was in my hards. You load up 17rds I believe and get busy shooting. I shot mine out at 30yrds at my dads house. Held 1.5" off the hood of my car for the whole tube of ammo

Latest posts

Top Bottom