Walther PPS M2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still like this pistol, even though it’s been relegated to a “kitchen gun” role ever since the Sig P365 took its place as my EDC. I shoot it well, and it carries well.

If I didn’t have a 365, the PPS would be my carry gun still. In fact, I may carry it tomorrow, just cause.

Anybody else like these Walthers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carried a PPS for a long time before swithing to the shield. I would love to carry a PPS if they would get with the times and go with semi double stack magazines. I did love to shoot it, was very smooth. Havnt tried the M2 yet

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carried a PPS for a long time before swithing to the shield. I would love to carry a PPS if they would get with the times and go with semi double stack magazines. I did love to shoot it, was very smooth. Havnt tried the M2 yet

I assume you would be interested in a staggered mag (semi-double stacked) version in order to increase capacity? Might look at the new PPQ Sub Compact, 10 and 15 round options and arguably the best trigger of any striker fired gun.

A major thing with the PPS M2 is the thinness of the grip. Ergo, single stack mag. It's noticeably thinner than even the P365. And ergonomic? Oh yeah. It's ergonomic as can be, to me anyway. The PPS M2, particularly with the 7 or 8 round mag, feels and shoots like a bigger gun than it is.

I tried the Shield too, and while I agree its a fine gun, it felt like a banana about to slip up and out of my hand to me.

Oh well, it's good we have choices. I just like my PPS M2. A lot.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I assume you would be interested in a staggered mag (semi-double stacked) version in order to increase capacity? Might look at the new PPQ Sub Compact, 10 and 15 round options and arguably the best trigger of any striker fired gun.

A major thing with the PPS M2 is the thinness of the grip. Ergo, single stack mag. It's noticeably thinner than even the P365. And ergonomic? Oh yeah. It's ergonomic as can be, to me anyway. The PPS M2, particularly with the 7 or 8 round mag, feels and shoots like a bigger gun than it is.

I tried the Shield too, and while I agree its a fine gun, it felt like a banana about to slip up and out of my hand to me.

Oh well, it's good we have choices. I just like my PPS M2. A lot.
We have 2 PPQs. THe wife loves it. I do too but prefer the SW M&P9 by a smidge ( I have 4)

I know what yo mean about the shield. Im adding a threaded barrel with a brake to tame her down a bit. Hoping the extra weight will help

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have 2 PPQs. THe wife loves it. I do too but prefer the SW M&P9 by a smidge ( I have 4)

I know what yo mean about the shield. Im adding a threaded barrel with a brake to tame her down a bit. Hoping the extra weight will help

It wasn’t the recoil or the weight of the pistol, it was the grip’s overall shape. If they made an M&P 9mm with the ergos of the .22 Compact, I’d be all over it. Minor differences to be sure, but enough.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the PPS M2. Had one and sold it to a fellow shooter, bought another one last October.

I like the texture of the grip, quality of the build, never had an issue with aluminum or brass ammo, shoots nice, and has a lifetime warranty.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They've had some recent sales that are crazy cheap on the PPS. If I coulda got one at that pricing I'd have probably went that route over the Shield. They are fine guns as are the PPQ.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It wasn’t the recoil or the weight of the pistol, it was the grip’s overall shape. If they made an M&P 9mm with the ergos of the .22 Compact, I’d be all over it. Minor differences to be sure, but enough.

PPS definitely feels better in the hand

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been surprised at how well the PPS M2 shoots for such a little gun, I still carry mine from time to time just for how easily it conceals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom