Wanamachers gunshow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It might be that gun shows go back to how they were waaaayy back when I was young. A few old boys with guns put out the word, rented a hall, set up some tables and guys paid a couple bucks top participate. I really liked that better, anyway. Got a lot more variety, and no beanie babies or other nonsense. Basically every transaction was "private collection", because dealers were the minority.

This Wuhan panic may bring out the best in us yet. The timid can stay at home and get fat and slow. Keep the rest of us up on DWTS and whatnot.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It might be that gun shows go back to how they were waaaayy back when I was young. A few old boys with guns put out the word, rented a hall, set up some tables and guys paid a couple bucks top participate. I really liked that better, anyway. Got a lot more variety, and no beanie babies or other nonsense. Basically every transaction was "private collection", because dealers were the minority.

This Wuhan panic may bring out the best in us yet. The timid can stay at home and get fat and slow. Keep the rest of us up on DWTS and whatnot.
A few old boys with guns provided a lot more variety ? How can you say that? You obviously haven't been to the big show.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few old boys with guns provided a lot more variety ? How can you say that? You obviously haven't been to the big show.

That's true, I haven't. In fact, I'm not really from Tulsa, nor do I have any guns.

I should have been clearer, I suppose. Instead of tables lined with loads of new production stuff, I'd see more C&R, interesting stuff. Of course Wannenmachers has that abundance of out-of-state variety, but you have to wade through a ton of crap to get to it.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's always interesting to hear folks say they don't go to gun shows, and then attempt to tell you what is at the shows that they don't go to. I have been going to shows since the late 80's and I cannot think of a show that I did not enjoy. Some better than others, but none as bad as listening to folks complain.

Last edited:

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's always interesting to hear folks say they don't go to gun shows, and then attempt to tell you what is at the shows that they don't go to. I have been going to shows since the late 80's and I cannot think of a show that I did not enjoy. Some better that others, but none as bad as listening to folks complain.
I'm just glad we all have the ability and right to enjoy them if we want----------at least for now!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom