Wanamaker Gun Show Tulsa - who's going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was definitely not what is has been in past years, I think that's due in part to a lot of people having no idea that they were going to have it and a lack of advertisement compared to the past shows. All in all (coming from the vendors side here) a couple of us that were set up together from OSA ended up doing alright, but the higher end collectible stuff did not move like it has in the past. I did best with the sub $1,000 pistols I took for others than I did with some of my higher end consignment pieces.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep in mind that, last month alone, there were over 4 million NICS requests by mostly newcomers to our beloved hobby. They're buying guns with little, or no, available ammo. The gun show remedied that immediate problem albeit at unreasonable prices. After all, our primary market philosophy is "whatever the market will bear."
I know all of this and agree.
My comment to guys griping about the scarcity of stuff and exorbitant prices is that at some point “availability” trumps price. I bought some powder off here for a little more than I wanted to pay. However, I was able to meet another really nice board member, and he made the transaction super easy for me. I’ll definitely do business with him again if the opportunity arises.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what the final attendance numbers look like. If there was ever to be a super spreader event this would be it. If there is no local measurable increase in the next week or so that will say a lot. Not fear mongering just curious. “I went both days”

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind that, last month alone, there were over 4 million NICS requests by mostly newcomers to our beloved hobby. They're buying guns with little, or no, available ammo. The gun show remedied that immediate problem albeit at unreasonable prices. After all, our primary market philosophy is "whatever the market will bear."
I'm incredibly happy with the number of new guns being sold, but I see no reason for the price gouging going on by resellers.
Buy it and shoot it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what the final attendance numbers look like. If there was ever to be a super spreader event this would be it. If there is no local measurable increase in the next week or so that will say a lot. Not fear mongering just curious. “I went both days”
It doesn't matter what the numbers are. The covid police will find a way to call it a super spreader.

Latest posts

Top Bottom