Wanemacher spring gun show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand, I have yet gone to a gunshow and not found any deals. Sure I see over priced stuff, but that's all some of you seem to focus on. I have had guys want to sale me their Taurus 638 for $525, have had people offer me $400 for a 5 screw pre model 28 but that's the nature of the beast.

This. There are deals to be made at any show if you know how to work them. More at Wannenmacher's than anywhere, simply because there are more people (both exhibitors and paid entrants). You can always do better if you bring something to sell or trade as well as some spending money. Lots of times a guy will be asking too much for something, but if you have something he wants that you don't have too much tied up in, you can still get a bargain.

You HAVE to go by the rule that if you find a bargain, you pounce on it right then. No walking around and thinking about it... the show is too big, and even if you write down section and row, put it in your notes on your phone, etc., it will almost always be gone when you come back. If you're in the money on a deal, grab it.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how obamas talk about cracking down on private sales will impact the show? It seems the recent okc shows have lacked private sellers (taking into account their never has been many there to begin with)

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody who goes to shows much knows the crackdown on folks with large private collections regularly renting tables started well before Obama said anything about it. I expect we will see a lot less tables with private collections, but I doubt it will make much of an impact on people walking (or wheeling) around the show with their private guns for sale.

Edit: Never mind about the wheeling part, at least for Wannenmacher's -- they don't allow carts anymore.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the only gunshow I go to anymore and will be taking vacation that week so I can go both Saturday and Sunday as not to rush through so much. There will be dealers with prices that are really high and there will be good deals as well. If you are looking for something specific it may be a challenge. I make a list of guns and parts I'm looking for and then walk around making note of locations of where I've seen something of interest. If it's a really good deal best not to walk on past or it may be gone when you come back by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. There are deals to be made at any show if you know how to work them. More at Wannenmacher's than anywhere, simply because there are more people (both exhibitors and paid entrants). You can always do better if you bring something to sell or trade as well as some spending money. Lots of times a guy will be asking too much for something, but if you have something he wants that you don't have too much tied up in, you can still get a bargain.

You HAVE to go by the rule that if you find a bargain, you pounce on it right then. No walking around and thinking about it... the show is too big, and even if you write down section and row, put it in your notes on your phone, etc., it will almost always be gone when you come back. If you're in the money on a deal, grab it.

Amen bro', agree 100%

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe now that Grizzly Adams won't be down for breakfast, somebody can talk old man Wanenmacher into bringing in some internet shooting celebs like Hickok45 or sumpthin'.

Oh, and keep an eye out, cause it's not unusual to see Wayne Lapierre out making the rounds and stopping to thank people sporting NRA gear for their support at the big show, either.

Heard there was a Hickok45 sighting at the last one, but as a shopper, not a "celeb".

Latest posts

Top Bottom