Wanemacher spring gun show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heard there was a Hickok45 sighting at the last one, but as a shopper, not a "celeb".

Jeff Quinn, the fellow who hosts the Gunblast web site - with the forked beard - has been there the last few times I've been. I like his reviews, as he writes them out, unlike Hickok45 who's all about videos.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the last one in November if I remember right... Wasn't a good deal in sight but I did pick up a few switch blades, most likely over paid but they are fun to have.

I never fail to run into good deals at the "big show"; was short on money late in the day on Saturday last November when I ran onto a nice, Chinese pre-ban AKS-762 "spiker" a guy had for $850. Those frequently sell for close to $1500. If I'd have had the money, I'd have bought it and ran. Someone got one hell of a deal. Saw several great deals, but I was shorter on cash. Hopefully won't happen this time.

Tom K

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never been to a Wanemacher show, but have heard the fall show is usually the bigger of the two. How much difference is there between the two, if any? And how bad are the prices usually? I'm not up on a 3+ hour trip to see the same kind of gouging and junk as the local shows seem to be nowadays. I thought it would be cool to go check out, depending on when it is, but don't want to feel like I totally wasted my time. I'm usually more interested in used guns like revolvers and lever actions and such, these local shows are usually damn near void of those things. Thanks for input

People come from all over the world to the Wanenmacher show - a 3 hour drive ain't nuthin'.

However for a drive that long I'd recommend coming on Friday afternoon and spending the night. Doors open at 8:00am on Saturday (and not one second before) and there's usually a giant line along the building by then. You can get advance tickets at 2A Shooting Center on Friday evening. I'd recommend getting there no later than 7:30am to ensure getting a decent parking spot, so that you don't have to park so far away you have to take a shuttle. And yeah, bring comfortable shoes and lots of money.

I've never noticed enough size difference between the spring and fall shows to matter - they're both the world's biggest. Here's an interesting quote from the website: If all our tables (2800 8ft. and 1300 6ft.) were placed end to end they would stretch 5.7 miles! If you spend the whole 18 hours we are open to the public and divide that by 4,200 tables, You will have 15.4 seconds to look at each table. http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Here's an interesting quote from the website: If all our tables (2800 8ft. and 1300 6ft.) were placed end to end they would stretch 5.7 miles! If you spend the whole 18 hours we are open to the public and divide that by 4,200 tables, You will have 15.4 seconds to look at each table. http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/

That's the reason I only went the one time. It's too big for me.

I can't be on my feet that long, and it's kind of pointless for me to go for just a couple of hours.

It's a sight to behold, for sure. I'm glad I got to see it once.

More power to you guys that go for two full days. Enjoy!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the reason I only went the one time. It's too big for me.

I can't be on my feet that long, and it's kind of pointless for me to go for just a couple of hours.

If you only have a few hours to spend, the trick is to have in mind a general idea of what it is you're looking for, and cruise on past any and all tables that obviously don't hold what you're looking for. You may miss a nugget buried amongst a pile of wares, but it's a chance you have to take when time is limited.

FLAFASTBALL

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been both times of the year and go to every event. There is so much history as well as you may see that one item you have not been able to find it has always been that way for me.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
been once, that was enough for me. way too many people there, could barely navigate the narrow aisles. i don't like to be in large crowds, and that was a huge crowd

Latest posts

Top Bottom