Wanenmacher gun show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kennedy has moved to 5c my backside for this show. 4 c has Ralph Smith, Larry Page, and Mr. Bidwell from the Carolinas lined up. Went by Doziers table at 1D.
Things will start happening tomorrow.

Dale Atkerson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a good show, it started out slow, delivered one at friday at setup, sold one Saturday. Sunday afternoon took aturn for the better. The (bebacks) actualy showed up. Sold five the last hour. The neat thing about the Wanenmaker show is people come from literly all over the world. Got one of me knives headed to the land down under. And Utah, Nebraska and Louisiana. But most staying Oklahoma.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped by every knife booth, but I was in a screaming hurry, so I didn't get a chance to introduce myself or chat (I had my son with me). We had to get through the show quickly and head out to meet my wife and other son at a birthday party so we were almost running through the show (we really weren't even looking to stop except for a few things or knife-specific stuff). I actually saw Bob Dozier and meant to stop and introduce myself to him and get a pic with him, but didn't have time.

I was disappointed in the number of production knives there. Sooner State had the best prices, but didn't have his normal selection. I saw one Hinderer XM-18, but the guy wanted $700 for it (it was beautiful, but I have a hard time even paying the $375 retail price for them). Only like two or three tables had Chris Reeve knives (saw a lot of Microtechs though). I didn't see hardly any ESEE stuff there or a real selection of Kershaw/Benchmade/Spyderco folders.

As to custom-makers - great turnout (several out-of-state folks and lots of local makers). I found a couple that tickled my fancy, but several of the tables were picked over by the time I got there at around 11-12 Saturday (which is a very good thing - glad to see Oklahoma folks supporting our own).

I was really disappointed in the guns/accessories so I'm really glad I wasn't there for anything gun-related. Seemed like I could find everything in the show at a local Tulsa shop for the same or less. I was on the lookout for some Vortex or Nightforce optics (found a few tables, but prices weren't great), and an AICS or JAE stock for a Remington 700 (didn't see the usual guy that has them there), or some goodies to build another 10/22. Really didn't find but a few tables with 10/22 stuff. one had good prices on stuff, but nothing specifically that I was looking for.

As sad as it is to say, after going to the last few shows I think the W is the only one I'm going to from now on - and only to waste time or buy knives. It was easily the best gun-show I've been to in over a year (I've given each of the medium-sized shows a chance, but been pretty disappointed) and the cheapest. That being said, I think we're spoiled here in Oklahoma with local shops carrying almost everything we need/want.

Also, why the heck have they not had folks outside selling tickets for all these years? That was great for keeping the lines down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom