Warren Theater in Moore recently posted no guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BurningNeuron

This had to be very recent. I usually go to a movie every week, although for about a month I've either missed or went to Harkins in Bricktown for some reason or another. This last weekend was the first time I'd seen it -- it's glaringly obvious as you go through the double doors.

bchandler02

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just noticed them today as well. They are inside the double doors (on the second set of doors) - fairly large white signs.

I've already sent feedback via their website to both the Moore location and the corporate office expressing my disappointment in their decision. I highly encourage everyone else to do the same - if enough people complain, maybe they'll come down. I am willing to share my letter that I wrote with anyone here if you don't feel like writing your own - see below and feel free to copy and reuse.

I recently visited your Moore location. However, it is unfortunate that I will not give your
business my patronage. Let me explain why. As I approached the doors to your business I was
greeted by a posted sign that bans firearms in your theater. I am a Concealed
Carry Permit holder, meaning that I am a verified law-abiding citizen. I have submitted
fingerprints and passed extensive background checks as well as successfully completed
firearms training and safety classes, meaning that I know proper and safe weapons handling
and all relevant state laws pertaining to the carry and use of firearms. I am clearly a
law-abiding citizen and have made the conscious decision to both protect myself and exercise
our 2nd Amendment Constitutional rights.

By prohibiting all weapons, you have disarmed and made helpless anyone who enters your theater
— except for criminals, who won’t follow your policy anyway. In essence, you’ve made your
theater more dangerous for patrons who carry legally...and safer for criminals. If a true
emergency situation were to arise, I would not be comfortable trusting my life to your
employees.

Please consider changing your policy. You have chosen to ban firearms in your theater and
violate a Constitutional right belonging to the citizens of this country and state. I would
assume that your policy is not to discriminate against customers based on religion or
infringe upon their freedom of speech, so I am confused as to why your company has decided
it is appropriate to deprive law-abiding citizens of the ability to protect themselves and
their families. Despite you having one of the best theaters in the OKC metro area, I have chosen to take
my guns and my money to your competitors and spread the word about your corporate policies to
numerous groups and friends, both in person and online, until such time as you choose to allow law-
abiding armed citizens in your establishments.

Firemedic183

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just noticed them today as well. They are inside the double doors (on the second set of doors) - fairly large white signs.

I've already sent feedback via their website to both the Moore location and the corporate office expressing my disappointment in their decision. I highly encourage everyone else to do the same - if enough people complain, maybe they'll come down. I am willing to share my letter that I wrote with anyone here if you don't feel like writing your own - see below and feel free to copy and reuse.

I recently visited your Moore location. However, it is unfortunate that I will not give your
business my patronage. Let me explain why. As I approached the doors to your business I was
greeted by a posted sign that bans firearms in your theater. I am a Concealed
Carry Permit holder, meaning that I am a verified law-abiding citizen. I have submitted
fingerprints and passed extensive background checks as well as successfully completed
firearms training and safety classes, meaning that I know proper and safe weapons handling
and all relevant state laws pertaining to the carry and use of firearms. I am clearly a
law-abiding citizen and have made the conscious decision to both protect myself and exercise
our 2nd Amendment Constitutional rights.

By prohibiting all weapons, you have disarmed and made helpless anyone who enters your theater
- except for criminals, who won’t follow your policy anyway. In essence, you’ve made your
theater more dangerous for patrons who carry legally...and safer for criminals. If a true
emergency situation were to arise, I would not be comfortable trusting my life to your
employees.

Please consider changing your policy. You have chosen to ban firearms in your theater and
violate a Constitutional right belonging to the citizens of this country and state. I would
assume that your policy is not to discriminate against customers based on religion or
infringe upon their freedom of speech, so I am confused as to why your company has decided
it is appropriate to deprive law-abiding citizens of the ability to protect themselves and
their families. Despite you having one of the best theaters in the OKC metro area, I have chosen to take
my guns and my money to your competitors and spread the word about your corporate policies to
numerous groups and friends, both in person and online, until such time as you choose to allow law-
abiding armed citizens in your establishments.
Very well written!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't give a flip. I carry concealed. They can bite my shorts.

Yep.

Although I can't say definitively, I suspect this is the result of the open carry provision. Several years ago, Warren had a sign up prohibiting conceal carry. One of the members here wrote the owner a letter and received a very nice response from the theatre. I wish I could remember if that correspondence resulted in the No Conceal Carry sign coming down, but it was one of those things that I didn't pay much attention to because ... well, quite frankly ... IMHO, concealed is concealed. Apparently he (the owner) is quite the gun enthusiast also.

Most everything in life is a double-edged sword. Welcome to the back edge of that sword. (I'm not here to debate whether it is right or wrong, simply to state that it is so.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom