Washita NWR Youth Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been applying for draw hunts for years with no luck. My boy however got drawn his first time in to Washita NWR.

Has anyone been on the youth hunt out there? If so any information/tips would be appreciated. The papers I received said that blinds are assigned. Is the hunting limited to the blinds or do you go out and scout your own area.

WHat kind of shot distances are involved?

thanks

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been on this hunt, but I am very familiar with the program they run there. You will be assigned to a blind, no scouting will be necessary, the deer will show up. Part of the pre hunt briefing used to be checking sight in of rifles. The blinds are put in areas well used by deer. If you are somewhat patient your son shouldn't have any problems having shots within 100 yards. It has been reported in years past many kids tag out within the first couple hours of the first hunt.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sorry I couldn't be of more help. Washita NWR (580) 664 2205 or there is probably an ODWC biologist phone number on your hunt sheet. You could call him up and ask any questions you may still have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom