Water Storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd have never thought you could hit water at that depth. Is there any website that can give an estimate of how high the water table is in certain areas? I want a well, but don't want to pay boo-koo bucks for it.

im not aware of any websites. Ive seen several "dug" type wells that were 20ft ish deep.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the water well would be the best, but dont forget underground water can become contaminated also, ive watched some u-tube videos on drilling your own well and am concerned about keeping that well water clean and operational.
its good for OSA members to share their info, ive learned a few additional sources for tanks

Last edited:

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the water well would be the best, but dont forget undergroubd water can become contaminated also, ive watched some u-tube videos on drilling your own well and am concerned about keeping that well water clean and operational.
its good for OSA menbers to share there info, ive learned afew additional sources for tanks

One of the reasons a lot of wells are drilled deeper. To hit better water. The deeper the weel the more filtration taking place. But even deep wells came be fouled by outside sources.

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
55-gallon food-grade poly drums. You could put a tap lower down in each barrel if you want to keep it upright, or tap the bung if you want to store the barrel on its side. Put about 2-3 tablespoons of regular, unscented Clorox in each drum to sterilize the water. Change out the water every few months or so.

Having a hard time locating the blue poly (or other food grade) drums. Suggestions?

ohms

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have an old refrigerator that we keep full of 1 gal, 2 liter and 20 oz bottles freezer included. Our thinking is that we can use them to extend the life of our freezer and then for drinking. We also have a 30,000 gallon pool that I would use after filtering if it was necessary but more for maintaining the gardens. It's a pain in the butt, but I use only chlorine and no other chemicals. I also have (10) 5 gal buckets in our basement that I got at a big box bakery along with a couple dozen empties. Don't forget to fill your washing machines, sinks and tubs and turn off your main source if on city water.

OKprep

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gotten all mine from Sooner Container in Tulsa. They have good prices and have more uncommon sizes like 15 gallon, which I can load into a pickup with ease and no other help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom