Water Thread ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a bad price ($59.99) considering its versatility.

d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net_3201895d_ae95_4a81_b8e6_b92970c585c2.jpg

http://tools.woot.com/offers/good-ideas-rain-wizard-50-gallon-2?ref=cnt_dly_img

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The current situation in Toledo made me think of these tanks. They are definitely pricey, but seem like a simple solution for indoor bulk water storage. I like the idea of having a low profile water supply.

http://www.surewatertanks.com

surewater-260-gallon-water-tank.jpg

[video=youtube_share;mmglZXkQcNI]http://youtu.be/mmglZXkQcNI[/video]

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 200 gal that I bought locally. It is about 32" in diameter. Now the wife wants to get another.

One of the ones in the video? If someone is going to order from them and have it shipped let me know and we can combine shipping or possibly work a quantity deal. I had planned on using totes with the metal cage but those in the video are pretty slick.

BillMac

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm not as prepared as all of you, just sticking to the bottled water for now since my wife can't seem to get into preparing for the hereafter (who will be here after the s*** hits the fan?!). She doesn't mind me buying bullets to be prepared (don't think she has ever checked my storage area!), but I can't get her into preparing for what seems to be inevitable as long as O.B.A.M.A. is still in charge. If any of you are like me, and stocking up on bottled water for the short term, should I be rotating the stock periodically? I can't imagine that water has a shelf life but is storing it in the plastic bottles that it comes in degrading it over time?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm not as prepared as all of you, just sticking to the bottled water for now since my wife can't seem to get into preparing for the hereafter (who will be here after the s*** hits the fan?!). She doesn't mind me buying bullets to be prepared (don't think she has ever checked my storage area!), but I can't get her into preparing for what seems to be inevitable as long as O.B.A.M.A. is still in charge. If any of you are like me, and stocking up on bottled water for the short term, should I be rotating the stock periodically? I can't imagine that water has a shelf life but is storing it in the plastic bottles that it comes in degrading it over time?

It doesn't really degrade, just gets stale tasting. You can fix that by shaking the bottle and aerating the water a little before you drink it. Or mix in some Kool-aid or powdered Gatorade, if you'd like ... Tang works good too and will get you your Vitamin C ...

Check the bottles regularly to make sure none of them are leaking and keep them from temperature extremes and you should be okay. I just got finished using a box of Hamburger Helper I bought 4 years ago and some water I bottled up in an empty 2 liter Diet Dr. Pepper bottle about 2 years ago (so I could rotate it). We're good ... :lookaroun So far ... :wink2: :rotflmao:

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I emptied my 200 gal water tank today. It tasted just as good as it did 6 months ago. Refilled it from the hose after running it through a filter and added 2 oz of grapefruit seed extract, just like I did 6 months ago. I really think it could easily go a year before changing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom