Waterfowl 2014/2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out yesterday to sit on a rather busy lake for a Monday. Guess a lot of people get MLK day off.

Saw a lot of birds, but they went off to feed and didn't make their way back by 11, so we called it. Did manage 3, including a pair of buffleheads. Insane coloring on this guy.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_01_20_cf28fe220d48d997220873800efcfbce.jpg

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_01_20_fd5f3082aee3b323ed243e8c8d9f6201.jpg

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where I duck hunt I don't see many divers other than ringnecks. Lots of gadwall, teal, and ringnecks and that's about it. No mallards even. This weekend I'll be hunting a particular river in central Oklahoma, I should be able to bag some greenheads if they cooperate.
I'm not sure I've even seen a bufflehead in the wild.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We don't shoot divers anymore either..... no water! No more common mergansers, hoodies, buffleheads, golden eyes or cans. Ringnecks will hang out on a puddle though.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where I duck hunt I don't see many divers other than ringnecks. Lots of gadwall, teal, and ringnecks and that's about it. No mallards even. This weekend I'll be hunting a particular river in central Oklahoma, I should be able to bag some greenheads if they cooperate.
I'm not sure I've even seen a bufflehead in the wild.

Got a load of ringnecks where I hunt too. I don't ever shoot them, just use them for decoys. A lot of time they keep the water stirred up good. They seem to have little fear of people, they will swim within 10 feet of me when I am throwing out deeks, kind of curious little creatures. On this hunt that I took the picture, mallards would not seem to commit when the ringnecks were anywhere near the decoys. If the ringnecks swam on out a little ways, mallards would land right in the middle of the deeks. I guess there is a little prejudice among ducks.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_1_10_15.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Got a load of ringnecks where I hunt too. I don't ever shoot them, just use them for decoys. A lot of time they keep the water stirred up good. They seem to have little fear of people, they will swim within 10 feet of me when I am throwing out deeks, kind of curious little creatures. On this hunt that I took the picture, mallards would not seem to commit when the ringnecks were anywhere near the decoys. If the ringnecks swam on out a little ways, mallards would land right in the middle of the deeks. I guess there is a little prejudice among ducks.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_1_10_15.jpg

I see white bills, those look like coots r00s7a.

Latest posts

Top Bottom