Way to mount AR 15 on inside safe door?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone might know of a way to mount a single AR 15 on the inside of a liberty safe door for quick access? I see a whole bunch of handgun mounts and such but nothing to have an AR flat against the inside of the safe door....?

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean like this?
[Broken External Image]

Or like this?
www.ammoland.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_07_browning_ar34f_gun_safe.jpg

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean like this?
accurateshooter.net_Products_browningduox233.jpg

Or like this?
www.ammoland.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_07_browning_ar34f_gun_safe.jpg

I have seen these but unfortunately the protrude too far causing some space reduction....really trying to find something similar to the holders for pistols that would keep one or two rifles strapped flat to the door. It simply might not exist...

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing you could try is get some metal rod and make a hanger of some sorts kinda like how they store brooms and rakes at the store.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A strong magnet would work also. Some safe mfr's have door organizers that have a pocket for rifle butt, and a strap for the barrel. Liberty does not show one on their page, but look at other mfr's, and if you find one, see if the dimensions would fit on your door.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's a neat idea, but you definitely need to check and make sure you have the clearance between the door plus whatever's hanging on it, and the racks inside. I know that rig would not fit in my safe unless I cut back the storage racks or mounted the firearms such that they protruded only into the space between the racks.

I just put up front and center whatever I take to the range most often or which I want to grab if I'm in a hurry. But then again, my safe is pretty sparsely populated, so there's plenty of room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom