Way to mount AR 15 on inside safe door?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A strong magnet would work also. Some safe mfr's have door organizers that have a pocket for rifle butt, and a strap for the barrel. Liberty does not show one on their page, but look at other mfr's, and if you find one, see if the dimensions would fit on your door.

I ended up going this route...basically a super stirring magnet. .only thing is the AR is a lot of aluminum and not a lot of steel on the upper/lower....soooo, I compromised and made my 870 my go to gun if things go bump in the night....wasn't my first choice but I am sure it will work pretty well.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mount straps or hangers on the magnet, use the straps or hangers to hold the AR. Didn't even think about most of the rifle being aluminum. I'm gonna try something g like the kit up article, wanted something from tacticalwalls.com, but where I want to put it, the slider won't have room to slide open

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have some great products but kinda pricey. I am probably going to be needing a second safe in the near future...I might need to have a custom hanger system built in. Bear safes are very accommodating.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen some more like I am wanting, and way more than tactical walls. I'm just gonna cut out the sheet rock, mount some peg board 1/4in off the back piece, then use some countersunk hinges like kitup, and have the mirror swing open. Trying to figure out a magnetic lock or some sort of latch.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about some of those white plastic hooks that stick to the wall and you can peel off (commando??)
Originally they were just for pictures. But I saw a big display somewhere (Lowes,Walmart) they now come in all shapes and sizes for hanging most everything.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about some of those white plastic hooks that stick to the wall and you can peel off (commando??)
Originally they were just for pictures. But I saw a big display somewhere (Lowes,Walmart) they now come in all shapes and sizes for hanging most everything.

3M Command is what you're thinking of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom