We are our own worst enemy....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that just sucks. Wait times should be no longer than a standard 4473 wait time at a dealer. If you can legally own a firearm you should be allowed to just as easily buy a suppressor, sbr, or any other NFA item.
Actually there shouldn't be an NFA, or a BATFE for that matter. Both are violations of the 2A. Regardless of what some chair polishing butthead attorney says (SCOTUS).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there is one place that technology could be a huge benefit, this is the prime example. I can buy a lethal weapon and get approved in minutes, but I can't buy a tube full of baffles that can't hurt anybody without waiting almost a year.
If they are so worried about that $200 tax, they could triple it by speeding up because some just don't want the wait.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone really needs to take the NFA back to the supreme court. The original ruling on the NFA was a farce and everyone knows it. Yet they now site it as precedent when anyone talks about how the NFA infringes on the 2A. It didn't help that the person who originally brought the case to court was a convicted felon turned informant. The first judge ruled in his favor knowing that he would go into hiding after testifying and that he wouldn't show for the SCOTUS hearing. Why no one else has tried to sue over the NFA is beyond me.

Right now they rule it as constitutional because Congress has the power to levy taxes. The tax is one thing, the godforsaken wait just to be "vetted" is the part that is unconstitutional.

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone really needs to take the NFA back to the supreme court. The original ruling on the NFA was a farce and everyone knows it. Yet they now site it as precedent when anyone talks about how the NFA infringes on the 2A. It didn't help that the person who originally brought the case to court was a convicted felon turned informant. The first judge ruled in his favor knowing that he would go into hiding after testifying and that he wouldn't show for the SCOTUS hearing. Why no one else has tried to sue over the NFA is beyond me.

Right now they rule it as constitutional because Congress has the power to levy taxes. The tax is one thing, the godforsaken wait just to be "vetted" is the part that is unconstitutional.
So the question then becomes if this is firearms related then it should fall under the 2A. Since that is the case is it even then constitutional to have to be vetted? That's like saying I can buy any gun but I have to wait for a year and be vetted, and pay 20 times the items costs for a holster or a gun case. When looked at with the Constitution as the focal point of our laws it is clear that this is not in accordance with the rule of law, The Constitution, from which these boneheads derive their own powers. Ever wonder why the constitutionality of activist judges has never come up?

Latest posts

Top Bottom