We are our own worst enemy....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets work to repeal the NFA!
Does anyone here even know why the NFA was instituted in 1934 for a tax of $200?
That was 2 month salary in that day for the average man making his way and the gun he wanted to posses requiring the tax cost $25 at most.

Last edited:

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just wish that a tiny drop of common sense would prevail and if you've been approved for one NFA item and paid your $200 tax stamp, that you should be able to get other items under that same approval. I don't think my background or moral character is going to be any different if I try to by 2 suppressors a week apart.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And
Lets work to repeal the NFA!
Does anyone here even know why the NFA was instituted in 1934 for a tax of $00?
That was 2 month salary in that day for the average man making his way and the gun he wanted to posses requiring the tax cost $25 at most.

The gun grabbers of 1933 were going to stop organized crime by banning all the non-sporting guns the criminals used, including handguns. Then Congress decided 2A prohibited banning guns. So they decided to heavily tax "gangster guns." like machineguns (Thompsons), sawed off rifles and shotguns, and silencers (supposedly used by pro killers). At the last minute, handguns were taken out of the bill. The result was the mess we call NFA 1934.
And the current gun grabbers defend any existing anti-gun law to the death, stupid and ineffective as it may be.
Feel better with knowing?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And

The gun grabbers of 1933 were going to stop organized crime by banning all the non-sporting guns the criminals used, including handguns. Then Congress decided 2A prohibited banning guns. So they decided to heavily tax "gangster guns." like machineguns (Thompsons), sawed off rifles and shotguns, and silencers (supposedly used by pro killers). At the last minute, handguns were taken out of the bill. The result was the mess we call NFA 1934.
And the current gun grabbers defend any existing anti-gun law to the death, stupid and ineffective as it may be.
Feel better with knowing?
A bigger reason I believe was the democraps wanting to denie guns to blacks and therefore a large tax kept the lower class blacks from affording legal firearms. 34 was long after prohibition was repealed and crime was already down.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wish that a tiny drop of common sense would prevail and if you've been approved for one NFA item and paid your $200 tax stamp, that you should be able to get other items under that same approval. I don't think my background or moral character is going to be any different if I try to by 2 suppressors a week apart.
It’s not about common sense, it’s about control. The government ain’t willing to give up their control. They have their dirty fingers in every pot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom