We Need an East Side Range in a Bad Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
East side is growing too much. Pretty much going to be continuos development between OKC and Shawnee soon...
Nah....lived in Shawnee fifty years. People been saying this as long as I can remember. Ain't happened yet.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife son and I went to gun world a few weeks ago to shoot and we were the only ones there. Was nice to be alone. I was gonna break the new ar in but didn't have any fragmenting ammo. They said they had some I could buy. I asked how much and he said $20 a box. I was like I ain't paying that much. So he said he would do $15. So I bought some. Can't believe I got that lucky there. We definitely need an outdoor space around here. But for now I will keep going to either gun world or that place in Norman.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At one time I was using the gun world range once a week. Always laid back and usually I had it to myself. a year or two ago someone brought steel core 7.62x39 in there and it punched holes through the back drop. So because they failed to check the ammo now if you want to shoot an AK/AR up their you must purchase their fragmenting ammo at ridiculous gun world inflated prices. The fragmenting ammo isn't what pisses me off...its how they take advantage of a policy and place the usual gunworld price on it (normal retail price x 3). every once in a while I will still go up there to sight in a pistol I changed the sights out on but other than that I pass.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At one time I was using the gun world range once a week. Always laid back and usually I had it to myself. a year or two ago someone brought steel core 7.62x39 in there and it punched holes through the back drop. So because they failed to check the ammo now if you want to shoot an AK/AR up their you must purchase their fragmenting ammo at ridiculous gun world inflated prices. The fragmenting ammo isn't what pisses me off...its how they take advantage of a policy and place the usual gunworld price on it (normal retail price x 3). every once in a while I will still go up there to sight in a pistol I changed the sights out on but other than that I pass.
I would like to know how gunworld is still even open. Fortunately I have had good experiences with them but their prices are absurd. Only Thing I would ever buy is a target and pay to use the range. Except for when I bought that ammo last time we went. They almost sounded desperate to sell it to me. Obviously were at the price they were selling it for. It wasn't the usual out of hand price.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Close on my new land off Harrah road just east of the lake on May 20, once my drive is built the first thing I'm building is a AR/pistol range, something prob less than 50 yards, have membership at Okc gun club so I can take my rifles there, just hate the fact if I want to train on my pistols I have to shoot no less than 20 yards or shoot my AR's I have to sit on benchrest or go to steel range, it'll be nice to have something that I can actually set up the way I want

Latest posts

Top Bottom