We need to set up an old fart get-together.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm keeping an eye on this ... if I can possibly make it, I will. My calendar is full until WAY into next fall now but as long as there is not a test date looming it would be great to get together with you guys.
Must be nice to be a jet setting socialite. :blush: Missed you Annie

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let us define old fart...40, 45, 50? 65 ? 70?

It's all relative......to a teen a late 20 something is old. To a late 20 something, he is susceptible to being cougar'd by a 40 something that is a workout goddess, so he has mixed feelings about age.
30 somethings are just in their groove, happy to be where they are at.
40 somethings are lost because they are looking at 50 and dreading the thought of being thought of as old.
50 somethings say what the hell and hit the nude beaches because they don't care anymore what anyone thinks.
60 somethings are back to the 30 somethings mindset, happy to be where they are at plus don't give a crap what anyone thinks about them or their body. It's all about fun, traveling and grandkids.
70 somethings think I've made it this far and it gonna be one hell of a party from here on out.
That's my concept of "old farts".

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A geezers and guns gathering eh? What qualifies as a geezer for this?
I'm guessing that if you get the senior discount at most places--even if you ain't old enough, but just look the part--then you'd be geezer enough. As for me, a couple of guys "remembered" me from high school, even though I was in the 1st or 2nd grade the year they graduated, and another guy said he met my daughter once (the woman in question was about two months my elder), so I qualify.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I got no problem being a DD and picking up @Old Phart if he wants to have some adult beverages. I use to try and drink everyone Mr. Bud Weiser made but those days are over according to my Drill Sargent, I mean my Doctor.
Every Doc that told me to quit drinkin' I'd fire and find a new one.
Old Fart here...months away from the big seven oh.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking of a Friday or Saturday evening coming up in the next few weeks, maybe. We can always have more get-togethers, make it a regular thing, etc. This is different than the eat-n-shoot type thing, as weather and hauling guns and all that can discourage some, as well as the fact some don't like to be around others shooting.

I know I work this Saturday morning... but after 12 or 1 I am free to hop on the road. The following weekend I will actually BE in OKC for a concert on Saturday evening, but have dinner plans with the fam and some friends. Could potentially come up earlier and make it a lunch thing, or even breakfast in OKC sometime if'n ya'll want.

I think I am also on-call Easter weekend, but really, the only thing that limits is Saturday morning, I can take call from anywhere as long as I have my cell phone.

Let's brainstorm and see what people can do over the next few weeks, if we would want to do breakfast, lunch or dinner, or whatever. Throw out some places we could gather, too, sounds like we could easily need 20 or more spots, but that's ok.

Haven't heard anything in this thread from @lasher or @steelfingers, I'd like to see them there, among others. You guys feel like it?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Warning, the following is meant to be a joke!: I've got a 32' stock trailer and some ramps, I suppose I could haul several power chairs.

Let me know if you need a hand, there's always one in the bunch that will freeze up at the doorway of the trailer........... :pms2:

61YI-2bIEfL._SL1500_.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom