1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Welcome to the new OSA!

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by Okuma, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Okuma

Okuma Crocodylus Pontifex Staff Member

Administrator
    Not yet, I should have it fixed today.

There will never be any fees to use the site. I may introduce a "supporter" option and throw in a couple extra benefits, but nothing that affects what you can do on the site. We'll have some ads eventually, but nothing invasive or outrageous.

cowzrul likes this.
  2. jmtgsx

jmtgsx Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    So, to amplify cowzrul's concern, I'm curious too. What do YOU get out of this?

3. ragsflh

ragsflh Sharpshooter

looks great

4. Jeff405

Jeff405 Sharpshooter

Dude's probably a cop, might be a setup.

5. jtischauser

jtischauser Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Dang! The site looks great. It's good to see some fresh blood in here cleaning things up. Keep up the good work!

6. Okuma

Administrator
    It's been a few days on the new platform and we seem pretty stable. What does everything think so far?

Feel free to voice any complaints or concerns in here. (some good stuff would be nice too! :D )

One thing I've heard is complaints about Admins having the ability to read a person's private messages. I don't really understand the outrage, all admins on forums can see all your messages if they wanted to, I'm just upfront about it. The only time I'll ever look is if we're trying to resolve an issue for some reason. Most of the time it's just to verify facts about a deal gone bad.

7. Okuma

Administrator
    It's a job and I have fun doing it.

8. NightShade

NightShade Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

Been there done that, gameservers, forums, was an admin for TWL for a couple seasons on a CS:S league... Want to talk about some bickering babies try handling gamers who act as if they could never do a thing wrong even when you watch them do it and already warned them twice for the same thing.

9. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Steve, I think things are fine. I like the new format, I like the way it's organized, although I do prefer the old Classifieds organization. Having ammo and reloading stuff separated out from accessories worked fine for me. But I always peruse most of them, so it's not a biggie.

Thanks for getting the change made on number of posts to display in a thread... nice not to have to click next page 50 times. lol

One thing I wonder about is the polls... when a poll is posted, it's all kinda uniform, monotonous coloration. Is there a way to add different colors to the poll options like the previous software? Just to differentiate the answers and such. It all seems to blend together to me.

10. Okuma

Administrator
    No, I don't believe there is, sorry about that.

Once the classifieds get real active I'll consider spreading out to more categories.