1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Welcome to the new OSA!

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by Okuma, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Okie4570

Okie4570 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I like this and thank you. Now if you could only ensure that the other admins follow the same rule, it's been an issue here before, and long time members have been lost as a result in the last year.

The changes are nothing to dislike, just very different. I do like how some users have completely changed their tune since you've taken over. No more condescending, belittling, psychoanalysis of every post and thought......... it's been wonderful!

2. Okuma

Okuma Crocodylus Pontifex Staff Member

Administrator
    I like to be as straight with everyone as I can. I reserve the ability to read pm's just for admins and super mods, so that's three people right now.

Myself
    yukonglocker
    nikatkimber

And any time an account is looked at it gets logged so I can tell if it's getting abused by anyone.

3. DRC458

DRC458 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm still getting used to it, but finding more I like about it. Like, it's so much easier to post pics (I may never use photobucket again!) and the ability to go directly to the first unread post in each thread automatically. I'm not crazy about any of the display styles (probably my old eyes) but I can live with it. To be honest, I never really thought about the ability of others to read my PM's. I assumed the ability had always been there, but never created any issues for me that I was aware of. Abuse of that ability, however, is intolerable. Private Messages should be just that ... Private ... unless there is a real issue to be resolved.

I'm sure I can find some stuff to complain about, if you really want me to! I figure most of it is my ignorance, resistance to change, and inexperience!

4. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Super Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    I will say, I have never to this date read another members PM. I don't even know if I had the privileges to do so in vBulletin. My personal practice would only be if requested to do so by Steve, or if two users have a disagreement and request the admin team to help resolve it. And then I would try to be as sensitive as possible when reading them.

5. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    This is great! I Love the changes.

6. YukonGlocker

YukonGlocker Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'll also reflect on what Steve and NikatKimber have said. On any forum where it's been possible, I have never read people's PMs without explicit consent to do so (e.g., member requested help with an issue and specifically requested to look at PMs, or member forwarded PMs). To be clear, reading people's PMs has never been an issue on this forum since I've been an admin here (nearly 10 years). Some words on the forum (including PMs) were automatically changed to **** during the forum update, and some people mistakingly thought we read PMs and changed those words. Nobody here has read people's PMs, nor will, outside of the rare circumstances that Steve has outlined.

7. Jeff405

Jeff405 Sharpshooter

OSA Backend Style is awesome! FYI

8. Hobbes

Hobbes Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Nice software upgrade.

TY and I like it!

9. NightShade

NightShade Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Agreed, I always gravitate to a theme that is dark with light text. Anything that is white with black text nearly makes me want to claw my eyes out.

10. OKNewshawk

OKNewshawk Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I am the opposite. I like black type on a white background. It's nice that we can each have what we want and/or need.

The site looks great, IMHO.