1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Welcome to the new OSA!

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by Okuma, Mar 19, 2016.

1. NightShade

NightShade Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yep, everyone has their own quirk one way or another. Always good when a few options are available.

2. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well, I will throw in my two cents and say I like the overall changes and ease of use. Being able to post pics is so much simpler now than the old way with Photobucket. That is a great update! I think OSA is better than it was a few weeks ago; we used to be a really fun community, one thing I liked before though was that a new member had to have a certain number of posts (25 or something like that I think?) to have access to sell in the classifieds; it seems that way, we didn't end up like Armslist. Let's see what the new guy is all about before we start letting them sell stuff; I liked that. I have done a LOT of buying, selling, and trading here on OSA. After awhile, you pretty much figure out that if certain members say it is "LNIB" or "Has a Low Round Count" or something, you can trust it to be so. There's a lot of established folks here who I have not actually dealt with in terms of sales or trades before but who I would have no problem with because of their "street cred' here on OSA. We've also ganged up on a few ne'er do wells who barged in here with inflated pricing, especially back a year or so ago when .22LR was almost unobtainable...we don't need neckbeards, gougers, and those out just to make a buck off fellow OSA shooters here with crazy prices and unrealistic trade offers. But hey, so far, it's looking good to me.

3. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    C'mon josh_s, everything changes. There was some stuff that needed to be changed. Besides, we need to see your posts cause your avatar reminds me of something outta "National Geographic" and that lends an air of sophistication and class to what might otherwise be a drab affair.

OKNewshawk and dennishoddy like this.
  4. Okie4570

Okie4570 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Posting pics flat out sucks now for me. Every time I try to post a pic from my phone, it says that the pic is too large. So I send it on to photobucket, copy the link, but when I get ready to paste it in the thread, it won't let me tap or press in the post area to paste it. So I wait until I get to my laptop, go into photobucket, then copy and past like old times and it works....................

5. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Try to resize it the lowest resolution. I'm experiencing the same issues.

6. Okie4570

Okie4570 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    6mp-16mp is what my phone takes, I leave it on 6mp always. So you've got an original and resized pic...for every pic?

7. Okuma

Okuma Crocodylus Pontifex Staff Member

Administrator
    What's the file size on the pictures?

8. Okie4570

Okie4570 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The ones I tried to post today were from 2.7-3.5mb

9. Okuma

Okuma Crocodylus Pontifex Staff Member

Administrator
    You shouldn't be having trouble in that range, I'll check some settings to be sure.

10. Okie4570

Okie4570 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Here's what I get.
    [​IMG]