Well Done Steak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I invested in a Thermapen to get it cooked jusssssstttttt right. Thermapens are ACCURATE and they are quick to read the exact temp.

I cook mine to between 140-145 and pull it off, slap a cover or foil over it, and let it sit 5 minutes.

If you come to my house to eat a steak, and I tell you now I don't go cheap on feeding guests, if you ask for ketchup or steak sauce you will be given a hard time and maybe even never asked back again.

A good quality steak only needs salt and pepper.

You can add onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc, but NOT ketchup or steak sauce, at my house.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like mine so rare that when you tip the plate, a pool of blood forms at the bottom. I haven't had a steak in a restaurant in years. I can cook one at home better than any steak house. It's not hard. A little Lawry's season salt, some garlic and onion powder and coarse ground black pepper. Sear one side, flip it, douse it with a little Lea and Perrins Worcestershire, done. Put it on a plate with a pad of real butter on top. I like to serve mine with some grilled/caramelized onions, bell peppers and mushrooms, along with a big ol' baked tater (butter, sour cream, cheese) and a Ceasar salad. Enjoy!

And I ain't spent no 20 something bucks on it neither.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to eat mine well done, and I wanted either Heinz 57 or A-1 sauce on it. I honestly don't know where that came from! Nowadays, I want it medium, with a hot pink center. No sauce of any kind. Don't even salt and pepper mine! Just cook the damn thing medium, like I asked. Mushrooms and carmelized onions are good, but on the side, please! A good steak doesn't need anything but properly applied heat!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dad had a saying, "Knock off its horns, wipe its butt and wave it over a match."

He also died at the age of 92 with a pig valve and two quad bypasses under his belt.

I just finished my mango red jalepeno salmon and a huge salad. After my quad bypass in 2014.

Latest posts

Top Bottom