Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I'm talking about! The 2 buck limit is working, big time.. I cant remember seeing this many people I know, and people on forums in Oklahoma killing all these giant deer.. Its statewide too..

I have been saying the same thing. I am seeing more bucks and bigger ones than ever. Not like Kansas yet but coming on strong.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's on a roll. This is my 13 year old daughters 3rd deer this year and second buck. She took this deer Sunday morning. We were hunting on my father in laws land near McAlester and this deer showed up. The shot was about ~110 yards. The gun is an AR-15 in 6.8 SPC shooting 120 grain Hornady SST.

i1137.photobucket.com_albums_n511_48down_IMG_5044.jpg

i1137.photobucket.com_albums_n511_48down_IMAG0208.jpg

You better get this picture off here Jim or get your shotgun loaded by the door. The boys are going to be knocking your door down when they hear she can shoot deer and clean them too....LOL. Great pics and congrats to a young hunter.

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my first buck. I didn't start hunting until a few years ago and primarily hunted Turkey and Rabbit with friends. He was 148lbs and an 8 point. I know how very lucky I was.

i454.photobucket.com_albums_qq265_ShadyShay_album_Deer_20Hunting_202011_photo54.jpg

i454.photobucket.com_albums_qq265_ShadyShay_album_Deer_20Hunting_202011_photo4.jpg

i454.photobucket.com_albums_qq265_ShadyShay_album_Deer_20Hunting_202011_photo1.jpg

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its my first year hunting and I haven't had much luck. Went out this morning and my buddy said they have had some luck stalkin them so I gave it a try. Followed a trail for about 1/2 mile then decided to follow a side trail. I come through the clearing and see a flash of movement so I freeze. I slowly scan the area and see a white tail about 20 yards ahead. We both kept frozen until for a minute or two then a squirrel or somethin snapped a twig in the woods to my right and she was gone.

I'm going again tomorrow but even if I don't get one I am hooked. Congrats to everybody else who got one though!

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the reason to get out of bed on a wet Saturday morning. I got out of the truck at 6:30 hussled to the blind in the rain. got in and situated just before the first storm rolled through. 5 minutes after the rain let up this guy came out. 40yd shot and he folded up 20 yds from my blind. Trying to get back to the trees he came from. On the ground at 7:20. I love short hunts. Better than the 8 and 10 hour sits I have had this year with nothing to show.

I count 9 points I can hang a ring on one not big enough to call a point and a split brow tine with the back point broken off.

Fun times trying to gut a deer on the ground while its 35 degrees, raining and sleeting every now and then.
i258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_2011_20BUck_IMG_1394.jpg

i258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_2011_20BUck_IMG_1403.jpg

i258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_2011_20BUck_IMG_1398.jpg

i258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_2011_20BUck_IMG_1402.jpg

Now the question. full mount or Euro mount. I have about an hour to decide.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice buck DanB! Congrats on making it happen on a less than perfect morning weather wise..just further proof that "you can't kill them if you ain't there" I would say full mount but thats just me, he is a pretty cool looking buck with some character, I like the hole in the horn.

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DanB-Nice deer, it would be nice to see what the cape looks when its dry so you can see the colors that he has. But its your decision not anyone elses on here, but if you go with the European mount, check out getting a Skull Hooker for the euro mount. I have a couple euro mounts with the Skull Hooker and they look pretty awesome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom