Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
didn't weight her, but i'm guessing she was 125-130 dressed. i need to buy a scale since they don't provide them at the check stations anymore. i guess the drought makes deer store fat. the area around her tail on the top of her rump was 2 1/2 inches of fat.

Yeah I noticed more fat on both of my does this year than either of my 2 deer before. That was the place I really noticed the fat too was on the back at the base of the tail. And the place I checked in my deer had a scale. That was the main reason I did a check in there instead of on the internet.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i685.photobucket.com_albums_vv214_shootermcgavin_11pointbuck2.jpg

Saw this guy in a shed I was in out in the panhandle earlier this year. There is a small point coming off one side you can't see that made him an 11 pointer. He was run over with the bailer (I think that is spelled right). I'm 6'9" as an FYI to use me as a size reference.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damm! you don't look anything like your avatar! :D:D
That is a nice rack on that buck. I'm suprised he held long enough for the bailer to kill him. Seen lots of fawns fall prey to ag equipment, but never a mature buck.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damm! you don't look anything like your avatar! :D:D
That is a nice rack on that buck. I'm suprised he held long enough for the bailer to kill him. Seen lots of fawns fall prey to ag equipment, but never a mature buck.

haha. No I don't. I grew my hair out to play Jesus in this thing at my church. As soon as it was over I cut it into a mullet and a fu man chu and went and got my drivers license renewed. It looks pretty awesome.

This place is a very large ranch that doesn't allow any hunting, not even coyotes... so the deer are pretty thick and not any pressure to speak of. Don't know if that would increase the odds of him getting plowed or not.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just looking over the hunting regulations book and noticed that archery season is until Jan. 15th! I was bummed out because I thought last weekend was the end of the season. Now Im pumped that I get a few more chances! Ive been seeing a couple bucks pretty much everytime I go hunt this one place. I just always seem to be in the wrong spot when they show up. I think Ive got them figured out now, so I plan on getting out there first thing Friday morning!

Last edited:

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats ElkStalkR on a great deer, Shooter the G2's on that buck look like mini swords, cool deer, I guess the panhandle holds some big whitetails too. I went out last weekend for a couple of sits, saw a bunch of deer on Sunday evening, but only the small bucks would give me a shot, so that was a no go, went out Monday for awhile and didn't see a thing, may get out this weekend. I did have a couple of up and comers on trail cam cards that I pulled while out there. I will post them in the trail cam section of this forum.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
good luck to everyone hunting this last weekend. looks like its been a good year for most. i plan on taking one more before the weekends over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom