Well that was a first

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I went to zero in my bolt gun and there was a dude there who was also shooting a bolt gun. He had one of the big shoot'n'see targets set at 100 and was shooting what I later found out was a .270. I was watching while waiting to go clear targets and I notice...this dude has no sights. Not a scope, not irons, nothing. So while I'm waiting I'm checking things out and notice he's about to finish out his 2nd box of ammo so I hit my scope and check his target and much to my surprise (sarcasm) he has 0 hits with those 40 shots. I sent @chazroh a text and he probably still thinks I'm yanking his chain, but this dude was legit trying to shoot his rifle with no sights. I finally ask him if he was new...he said this was the first gun he'd ever bought and the first time he'd shot since getting out of the Army 20 years ago and "thought they would have sights on the gun but it didnt". I tried to explain to him that type of gun was intended to have a scope, which is why there were no sights on it...and recommended a place locally he could go and at least get a basic scope setup and they could install it/bore sight it for him.
It honestly kind of freaked me out as he clearly didnt "belong" there so I refused to go down range until he left. I have never gotten that kind of feeling at the range, and maybe he just needed some guidance, but it made me pretty uncomfortable until he left.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
106178-b7e1941ea8db5163fe4c94d654cb9705.jpg

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I went to zero in my bolt gun and there was a dude there who was also shooting a bolt gun. He had one of the big shoot'n'see targets set at 100 and was shooting what I later found out was a .270. I was watching while waiting to go clear targets and I notice...this dude has no sights. Not a scope, not irons, nothing. So while I'm waiting I'm checking things out and notice he's about to finish out his 2nd box of ammo so I hit my scope and check his target and much to my surprise (sarcasm) he has 0 hits with those 40 shots. I sent @chazroh a text and he probably still thinks I'm yanking his chain, but this dude was legit trying to shoot his rifle with no sights. I finally ask him if he was new...he said this was the first gun he'd ever bought and the first time he'd shot since getting out of the Army 20 years ago and "thought they would have sights on the gun but it didnt". I tried to explain to him that type of gun was intended to have a scope, which is why there were no sights on it...and recommended a place locally he could go and at least get a basic scope setup and they could install it/bore sight it for him.
It honestly kind of freaked me out as he clearly didnt "belong" there so I refused to go down range until he left. I have never gotten that kind of feeling at the range, and maybe he just needed some guidance, but it made me pretty uncomfortable until he left.
I still am not sure what to say about this!!

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's amazing if he bought the rifle new. That they didn't try and sell him a scope and rings. There is much more profit in that. Does look like he stopped by Walmart or atwoods for some ammo and a cleaning kit.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cannot fathom why someone would buy a firearm and know absolutely nothing about sights.

Kinda like buying a car and knowing nothing about steering wheels.

Hopefully he learns soon.
:drunk2:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MY question is what kind of people is the Army training, i thought the army taught everyone the basic of how to shoot a handgun and a rifle, was never in the service since they wouldnt allow me to join so this is just my understanding i can be wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom