Well, the Stripers are finally coming up in the River!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The larger ones are finally coming up in the River, this has been a different year for not only wildlife with all the rain and such, but to the fish too! Delayed spawning of the Crappie to the Stripers.

Here is one a little over 18lbs that my father in law got in the boat! My biggest of the day was only 8lbs. Lower Illinois.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice one.. that river and the arkansas river there has been funny acting this year for sure.
Good pic of the Father-in-law. makes me want to head out.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Great fish! We used to fish it two or three times a year when I was a kid, caught some nice ones, seen many giant ones pulled out.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice fish! Using trout?

Shad! And an occasional Trout! LOL!! Here is my biggest on my wall, 9 years ago it was and still is the largest I have ever caught per Stripers. 22.7 lbs. I was stoked! My father in law has been in the 40 pounders, he lives down there. He lived in the Three Rivers Area for 15 years and moved to Lake Eufaula about 6 years ago. But for over 13 years he had never got one in the boat over 10 lbs, everyone else like myself, his granddaughters, brothers, and a couple buddys had gotten heavier fish in the boat, and then bam one year he beat us all on weight. His heaviest was over 42 and he kept it alive for a few hours till he could weigh it and release it. I sure like fishing the lower Illinois. I just like being on that part of the River.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shad! And an occasional Trout! LOL!! Here is my biggest on my wall, 9 years ago it was and still is the largest I have ever caught per Stripers. 22.7 lbs. I was stoked! My father in law has been in the 40 pounders, he lives down there. He lived in the Three Rivers Area for 15 years and moved to Lake Eufaula about 6 years ago. But for over 13 years he had never got one in the boat over 10 lbs, everyone else like myself, his granddaughters, brothers, and a couple buddys had gotten heavier fish in the boat, and then bam one year he beat us all on weight. His heaviest was over 42 and he kept it alive for a few hours till he could weigh it and release it. I sure like fishing the lower Illinois. I just like being on that part of the River.

That is nice! I think all those big fish should be released if possible. One day, I will have to venture over there and do some fishing. Those hatchery raised trout are candy to big stripes.

I wish the ODWC would do more research with striper survival in some of the deep lakes with a good forage base. Broken Bow would likely grow 40 pound stripers if they were protected and allowed to grow. A lake closer to me would support an abundance of double digit hybrid stripers if the ODWC would do more to protect the bigger fish.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If they are running, I need to hook up the boat, and head that way for a day. 11 pounds is my biggest from Sooner. I'd love to tie into a 20+

Always wanted to fish the Illinois but have never made it over there. I caught a 20#+ (my dad caught a bigger one the same day) over on Beaver as a teenager but instead of having it mounted decided to save the money to take another trip back with him the next year. Never got the chance.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey I agree, if they would put a slot limit on them for a few years and monitor them, then your right they would make a nice lake that would have big ones. Then add a big one outside the slot limit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom