Welp! Now I've gone and dunnit...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Somethin' tells me GED's SHTF (trunk gun) is some sort of lever action gun... I'm guessing 30/30 or .357 Mag?

:)

No, like I said...I've owned long guns and just can't hit with 'em.

My SHTF gun is either my Mossberg 590 which I carry in the patrol car with me or my Cimarron 1878 SxS 12 gauge coach gun that I carry in the truck with me on the weekends working at Saber (one of my PT jobs).

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
okay where did the 30-30 go????
i remember you traded the glock 22 i traded you for a S&W model 65 then traded the 65 for something else....then traded it for.....a glock?? lol you are worse then me about trading or selling guns. I could tell i didnt like glock 26's or 27's just by holding one i dont like how short the grip is

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
okay where did the 30-30 go????
i remember you traded the glock 22 i traded you for a S&W model 65 then traded the 65 for something else....then traded it for.....a glock?? lol you are worse then me about trading or selling guns. I could tell i didnt like glock 26's or 27's just by holding one i dont like how short the grip is

If you'll remember, it had the big Rooster Cogburn lever on it.

Fittingly, it went to a bigger Rooster Cogburn fan than I.

As far as I know, he is still happy with it.

As for the Glock 27? With the proper mag extension, the G26/27 series feels fine to me. I was just planning on pocket carrying it and I discovered quickly that it doesn't carry very well in a pocket. :disappoin

I've got it traded for another Bodyguard. :woohoo1: He and I are just working on geographics right now. :chat:

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you like your Glocks (obviously) but since your a big BLUE fan, have you ever looked at one of these. I got one and really really like it.

Mine is a M&P9c but they make a .40 and a .45 if you want to make bigger holes in stuff.

I don't know if you could pull off pocket carry with it or not though. Still a little big for that IMO

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P2180001.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you like your Glocks (obviously) but since your a big BLUE fan, have you ever looked at one of these. I got one and really really like it.

Mine is a M&P9c but they make a .40 and a .45 if you want to make bigger holes in stuff.

I don't know if you could pull off pocket carry with it or not though. Still a little big for that IMO

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P2180001.jpg

Yeah, I did my stint with the M&P. It was an "ok" pistola, I mean...it felt good in the hand and was accurate enough, but there were just a few things I didn't like about it.

1. I found a spot of rust here and there on the slide after just a few weeks. Even though it says STAINLESS as big as life on it, I still found some surface rust here and there. :ugh2:

2. I absolutely HATED the shiny/glossy blue magazines. Deep, rich, glossy blueing belongs on a S&W revovler - NOT a combat pistol's magazines. :rolleyes2

3. I can take a Glock apart...COMPLETELY apart...down to all thirty-something parts, to just a empty hunk of plastic and a hollow steel slide, using just a toothpick, while driving down the highway. ;)

Nah! I like the Glock better. :D

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3. I can take a Glock apart...COMPLETELY apart...down to all thirty-something parts, to just a empty hunk of plastic and a hollow steel slide, using just a toothpick, while driving down the highway. ;)

You don't even need the toothpick for an M&P but I understand your point.

Thats the beauty of this country, there is a gun for every taste....and then some!

BC

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i hate to say this, but i've had less problems with quality semi-autos than quality revolvers. i'm leaning more and more towards semi-autos lately. in both the long guns and the handguns. my s&w m&p 9c has 0 failures in about 1000 rounds. that's impressive. i've had light strikes and cylinder lock-ups with my revos in less rounds than that. the semi's actually have less moving parts and less precision parts required for operation...that's against my nature, but those are the facts as my experience reports...

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i hate to say this, but i've had less problems with quality semi-autos than quality revolvers. i'm leaning more and more towards semi-autos lately. in both the long guns and the handguns. my s&w m&p 9c has 0 failures in about 1000 rounds. that's impressive. i've had light strikes and cylinder lock-ups with my revos in less rounds than that. the semi's actually have less moving parts and less precision parts required for operation...that's against my nature, but those are the facts as my experience reports...

That may be true of the "newer" Smith & Wesson revolvers with MIM parts. They are created/built by machinery (just like all production series autos) nowadays instead of being built by hand, by a little old man in a leather apron at his workbench, as they were years and years ago.

If you ever get a chance to pull the trigger thru on an old N frame from the 60s and 70s, you'll see what I mean. :bowdown:

Granted, when a wheelgun locks up, it's usually by God finished and headed for the smithy, but malfs in revos compared to those by bottom feeders are nill.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MIM= metal injection molding, resulting in net shape parts.

I believe the shortcomings in MIM manufacture, especially in S&W's experience, have more to do with the durability of the powdered metallurgical material substrate than of the fit, finish, and function of the parts produced.

The aggregate pieces are produced to very exacting and very finely defined tolerances, but they sponateously fail through delamination due to galvanic effects and corrosive reactions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom