Welp! Now I've gone and dunnit...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MIM= metal injection molding, resulting in net shape parts.

I believe the shortcomings in MIM manufacture, especially in S&W's experience, have more to do with the durability of the powdered metallurgical material substrate than of the fit, finish, and function of the parts produced.

The aggregate pieces are produced to very exacting and very finely defined tolerances, but they sponateously fail through delamination due to galvanic effects and corrosive reactions.

Uhhh...:lookaroun...yeah...:shocked:...what HE said. :ooh2:

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I probably will. :(

I dunno. I just had a long talk with myself this weekend and feel like it's time for me to make some changes in my life. It's my own personal battle(s) and just something I feel like I had to do was let go of the past and head on into the future.

Mrs GED thinks that a weapons "upgrade" is just silly and that I am in need of more "spiritual" help than anything. :rolleyes2

Considering the BLASPHEMY that you have committed, I would tend to agree with her.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhhh...:lookaroun...yeah...:shocked:...what HE said. :ooh2:

Oops. Sorry... what I meant to say is that I do not think that MIM parts result in sloppy function, or even malfunction (aside from that caused by breakage.)

My vote is that you get some more J-Frames, because you have the character of a wheelie man and need to stick with it.

No one ever said 'fill your hands, u sunbeeotch' and pointed a piece of plastic at his adversary.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got it traded for another Bodyguard. :woohoo1: He and I are just working on geographics right now. :chat:

Who would be stupid enough to trade a J frame for a plastic toy?! :smash:

That would be me. I've got a few classic Smiths and Colts and love my G27. GED now has a green one. I want it and he's been wanting this J for awhile. So yep, guilty! Flame away!

:tounge2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom