Went to shoot today and ......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-leblanc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the owners there won a Bianchi cup few yrs ago. If you run into him be prepared to be treated like a dumb@sz. Come shoot there a few times and you will be thinking you had it great at H&H. Wait until you get a lane with some gangstas beside you holding guns sideways and spraying.:eek2:

serously! when i was researching for my first handgun i went in there. worst service ever. they treated me like some stupid punk kid. and would not listen to me. i was really interested in checking out glocks, they refused to listen and kept saying i want a springfield xd. I went down to soonerguns (best customer service ever) and mark taught me a few things and sold me a glock and a few months later another one. I now advise anyone that mentions wanting a gun to not waste their time at tulsa firearms and go to mark. Next in is an ar-15, as soon i get enough funds i know mark will help me find the perfect gun and get a good price. he'll actually give you the time of day. Rant over...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at H&H a couple weeks ago trying out the rental Glock 20 they have. Everybody was friendly and it all went very smooth. Of course it looked like they were only moderatly busy and well staffed at the time.

BTW that glock is pretty sweet.

:fallangel Yeah, I nearly wore out the trigger on that one before I finally bought one of my own ... LOL

Desperado

New to the site!
Reaction score
H and H has it's ups and downs, like most companies.

I got my 40 S&W XDM at an OKC gunshow and wanted to break her in. Which by the way is one of the most accurate pistols i've ever shot. 7-25 yd shots all impacted where i wanted em. Range staff were cool, no attitudes slung around which i've seen alot of range staff nightmares. Got me the ammo i wanted and made some good recommendations i hadn't thought about.

So all in all, the range staff is pretty decent, prices on some ammo is a bit higher than at other venders.

At another visit where i was looking for the Magpul version of the S&W M&P15-22, since .223 ammo takes lot outta of the pocket and i'm trying to keep my fundamentals up while at Ft Sill for a class. I saw it with a $600 price tag, asked the sales rep (can't remember his name, around his late 20s) if he could lower the price to around $550, seemed like he was rather dead set on getting that $600 plus tax. I was a bit surprised he didn't help me out since while I was waiting for a rep, i pretty much helped him get a sale with another customer who was looking at an MOE M&P15 (which i got as well, great rifle) and told the guy all of the specs and the good luck i've had with it.

So the dealing, depending on the POV, is as expected from really any gun place, IMO. As I said before, you'd think if you help with a sale, i might get a small courtesy reward in return.:( Didn't affect me much, few days later, my brother back home in Houston got called me that at a local dealer there for $475. I'll say, this .22 rifle is very accurate.

H&H is a nice store, good inventory selection, a bit on the pricey side, range is good quality but since i live in Lawton, i really don't make to many trips up there.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H and H has it's ups and downs, like most companies.

H&H is a nice store, good inventory selection, a bit on the pricey side, range is good quality but since i live in Lawton, i really don't make to many trips up there.

Quoted for truth. We live just a ways down the street from there. When life is good and things are going our way we are in there nearly every day. I have gotten to know just about everybody behind the range counter (again) and can say without hesitation that they are a great bunch of guys.

They are patient with new shooters (which, BTW, seem to be out in droves anymore), friendly with those of us who are regulars and take any issues seriously.

What more can you ask from any staff members??

The guys in the gunsmith shop ain't half bad either ... :blush:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H&H is okay for poking holes in paper targets, and relatively cheap on the range side of the house. I've bought a few pistols there, the service was always good. I'll continue to trade there, even though they tend to run a bit high, the inventory is good and the place is at least clean.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... GC and I were there today too. They were really busy at the range counter and there was only one guy (who obviously was new) checking people in. Everybody else was working the phone or helping people.

Granted, there are some personalities there I don't care for but all in all I can't fuss about the range guys. They take good care of me and appear to be doing the best they can for a bunch of newbie employees.

Being new at a place sucks. Working that range counter sucks. Put the two together and well ... But then again I might be a little partial to the fellas cuz you guys didn't like me when I worked there either. LOL

YMMV ...

BB, the pretty gals ALWAYS get the best service.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only issue I've had with H&H (besides one of their salesmen who we'll call 'prick') is a gunsmith problem. The trigger pin was pushing out of my old FEG PA-63. I drop it off with H&H who tells me that they have one and I can pick it up in a couple of days. FOUR weeks later, they tell me it's ready. I go to pay and was stunned at the bill. An extra 25 bucks for a 50 round box of 9x18 ammo. They claim they had to shoot the entire box for testing purposes.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They seem alright to me. I've never had anybody be a prick to me. They don't seem to have a problem when I go in there by myself or with other Appleseed instructors and shoot from field positions on the 30 yd. range... they just leave us alone and let us do our thing.

I haven't really bought much from them... I bought a box of .380 hollow points one time, and it wasn't too ridiculous of a price (especially considering how nobody else had any). Oh, I bought a patty melt from their cafe... it was very good. I've browsed some of their optics and parts before, and the guys behind the counter were helpful. They didn't mind getting a bunch of scopes out of the case and letting me look through them, even though I didn't buy anything.

I can't really think of anything too bad to say about them, other than that I probably wouldn't buy a gun from them because their prices are a little higher than what I can get them for online or at a gun show.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It can be hit or miss there too many times, and I have asked to deal with Miles before and he refused to come out and deal with my question about a price on a damaged weapon.

There prices are very hit or miss, unless no one else carries it then I buy it from them otherwise I can usually get it cheaper elsewhere. The only thing they have going for me right now is they have a DPMS LR-308 I am on the hunt for my next gun at a decent price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom