1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Went to the range today and it was packed

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by mr ed, Dec 27, 2020.

1. mr ed

mr ed Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Went to Red Castle this afternoon. From the crowds you wouldn't know there was any ammo shortage. People blazin' away. You could tell the range scrounges had been busy.
    I've been going there since 1963 and this was the first time I ever seen the range so picked clean of brass. The only brass cases I saw besides 22 was some 6.5 creedmore and I left them.
    I'm sure they disappeared right after I left.
    At least my kids had a good time shooting the wobble trap and the benchrest range.

2. FrankNmac

FrankNmac Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Our local outdoor range had more shooters yesterday than I have seen this year. Group of what looked like multiple families were shooting various guns and enjoying their time together.

A few fellows came up as we were finishing up and took our place. Think one is an OSA member and his son-in-law was shooting a new Glock (48?) he had just purchased.

There is not much brass other than .22 left on the ground as the folks I shoot with pick up even 9mm for friends who reload.

dennishoddy and DavidMcMillan like this.
  3. Rez Exelon

Rez Exelon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm trying to think of when I want to head out but I bet there were a looooot of new purchases this holiday season and I hate sharing range space. It's why I'm looking for land at the moment.

4. sedona

sedona Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Also packed at my range.I broke out a 250 round box of remington 9mm and had 3 people offer to buy it from me.I shot it since i got it at the 10 cent a round walmart clearance last December.I did sell some 22.

dennishoddy likes this.
  5. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Lots of new toys in Santa’s bag this year.

Catt57 likes this.