Western Conference Finals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
green should have been suspended for the groin kick.....since he wasn't....maybe the league should issue brass knuckles to all the players.....I'm just so tired of everybody looking the other way just to sell tickets.....might not even watch tonight....

rbstern

Marksman
Reaction score
I agree. Green should have been suspended.

Have you been a basketball fan for a long time? Back in the day (35+ years ago), the game was MUCH rougher. I like the way it's evolved. I think the style of play is more interesting and fun to watch, but in the 70's and 80's, that play is a no call.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big big game tonight... you can bet GSW will come out pumped to the max. This game IS their season... it's a must-win for them. Honestly, it's pretty much a must-win for OKC, as well, but the urgency may be lacking. We have historically had trouble playing with the kind of energy shown on Sunday night on the follow-up game. I am sure hoping for it, though... If I am correct, I don't think GSW lost 2 of 3 a single time this year until now, and I know they didn't lose back-to-backs all season. It seems in most of their bouncebacks, too, they came out very motivated.

As for Green's leg-flail, I don't think it should have been a suspension, personally, but it appears I am in the minority both in OK and nationally. However, I think they let him off lighter due to the fact that the Warriors got blown out. I think if GSW had won that game, they would have suspended him... I mean, they upgraded his foul to a Flagrant 2, which is an automatic ejection from the game, yet they didn't suspend him? That seems odd to me... they actually came out and said the foul was WORSE than it was called, and they would have tossed him. So... since he wasn't ejected, the logical move would have been an ejection for the following game. However, that would have raised way too many complaints if OKC were to win that game. If it were 2-1 GSW right now, with OKC behind, I think we would be seeing a Green-less Warriors team tonight. That's just my thought on the issue...

I used to like Draymond. And in spite of the physical play, I still did. But his taunting is getting worse, and the way he has handled this whole affair, dragging Westbrook into it, mouthing back and forth, etc., has kinda turned me off. Just man up, admit you overreacted, or say it was an accident, but apologize, take responsibility, either way, and move on. Trying to make excuses, trying to deflect the blame, trying to blame the nature of the game, etc., just smacks of immaturity to me. I'm disappointed, to say the least.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160524_8d13a6d5423ac014f219d4e4c5a519c8.jpg

posted via Tapatalk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
green should have been suspended for the groin kick.....since he wasn't....maybe the league should issue brass knuckles to all the players.....I'm just so tired of everybody looking the other way just to sell tickets.....might not even watch tonight....

I agree. Green should have been suspended.

Have you been a basketball fan for a long time? Back in the day (35+ years ago), the game was MUCH rougher. I like the way it's evolved. I think the style of play is more interesting and fun to watch, but in the 70's and 80's, that play is a no call.

Quite honestly it's probably better they didn't suspend him. He got to play and did exactly squat. That's a pretty good return kick to the nuts IMO. I will admit that I was hoping that "fast ball" pass by Adams was aimed at Green's head just a little. :brick:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Shadowrider, post: 2880332, member: 3099 I will admit that I was hoping that "fast ball" pass by Adams was aimed at Green's head just a little. :brick:[/QUOTE]

When I saw that, I didn't know what to think. It did workout well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom