What almost got you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice recovery in that first video.
I used to run a 10,000 lb Ford diesel down the track with those same track times. Mid 10s. Id eat guys like you in the 1/8th LOL
Don't know about that...that car 60 footed in the 1.3-1.4 range and was over 100mph in 8th. But I will take your word for it. That's one fast diesel you used to have.

David

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The baseball thing got me thinking. I really never had an incident myself but the I almost killed my coach.

He bought a new double tire pitching machine to help with our batting. I was the first guinea pig. He loaded some baseballs and adjusted it to whatever the manual said was high school baseball pitching speed and I was crushing them. He then tried a few curve balls increasing one tire's speed and again I was whacking them. He thought he would get smart and cranked up both wheels to maximum speed and loaded a baseball. I saw him load it then a HISSS! and then a whump into the catcher's mitt all in about a second. I saw him grinning and then he loaded another ball.

I was ready for this one and as soon as he loaded the ball I squared to bunt. That speeding ball hit the bat and reversed course right back into my coach's man parts. He doubled over in pain writhing on the ground spinning circles like Curly on the Three Stooges. Come to think of it, he was making high-pitched noises like Curly too. By the time the ambulance arrived his groin was swollen up to about grapefruit size. That next day in Ag Shop we were welding up a safety cage for the loader to stand behind.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Laid a Goldwing down just south of Telluride, Co. It was either that or let the old ladies in the old Dodge hit me. Came within a foot or so of going over a 200 ft drop. Just broke the heel off of one of my boots. The shakes didn't set in until about 5 miles on down the road.

Was free climbing south of Monarch Pass, Co. Was going across a nearly vertical face (with about a 300 to 400 ft drop) that was beyond my ability at that time -- or any time, I suppose. Somehow I ended with my feet crossed up at the other side. Had about 1/4" of finger holds when I uncrossed my feet to get on a ledge. After I made that ledge, I experienced the largest rush of adrenaline I've ever experienced to date!

Was robbed and car jacked while looking down the barrel of a revolver. He decided to whack me in the with the gun instead of pulling the trigger -- I could tell he was trying to decide. I still have the scar in my left eyebrow that bothers me from time to time. By the way, he ground every gear in the 5sp in my new Ranger as he didn't realize it was a standard.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started off young. Not all could have kilt me but many sent me to the ER. Just the almost kilt stuffs. My brother fed me a quarter when i was about 2.5 years old. Luckily the worsted of it was my parents had to sift through my poo for a couple days. Next at about 3 years old I brushed my teeth with the little cotton swap on the PVC glue on the can's lid. That wasn't a good time. At 12 years old i was walking back to our house in HI and my friend Kelly let about 2 minutes before i did. She threw some rocks at the beehive we walked by every day. I didn't know she did that and walked right threw a pissed off swarm. I sprinted the 300 yards back to our house across a huge field. Later my mom said it sounded like a child was being murdered as i was running. Got nailed approx 25 times by bees and three to the face with two between my upper lip and nose. My face swelled up something fierce for about two days. Breathing got a bit more difficult. Bees and I dont play well together. Could have been much worse.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets see there was that Deer coming through the windshield when i was 17. ( for some reason passing motorists seeing blood spurting out sure makes them stop.) Then There was that cowgirl wearing Rockies, she did a lot of damage as well. Can't forget my sister kicking me in the back of the head and making me split my forehead open on a dune buggy frame when i was 6 or 7. Come to think of it she was the one driving when the deer came through the windshield and smacked me in the face.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
A very bad wreck in Ash Flat, Arkansas, about 20 years ago. I was driving an F150 4x4, when an old lady named Opel Blizzard (92 years old) pulled out in front of me in a pink Cadillac. My truck went over the top of her car and started rolling. I went through the back window and wound up with the truck in a large ditch, tailgate laying on my chest, etc. I broke a lot of bones, pretty much all of my ribs, and spent a year bed-ridden because of it. I couldn't work and I ended up losing my computer store in Pryor due of it, and my wife ended up closing her store as well, from having to care for me. Mrs. Blizzard came out of it unscathed, thank god!

That was the first one, I'm going through the second scare now. Very aggressive cancer that keeps coming back - I'll have to let you know how that turns out! :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom